Custom Search

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

LandLife Bread Co.






I'm not sure how much of the blogging world knows that I bake bread. I have for several years using the starter that my sweet friend Trudy gave me. I've gotten pretty good at it and I thought it might be a good way to generate extra income for our family. We are constantly reminded just how expensive raising kids can be!


I've branched out and started baking bread at Cupcakes 24, a local bakery in our town that our friend owns. She is also selling my bread in her store. I've started taking special orders and actually am staying pretty busy with bread baking in the early mornings and prep in the evenings.





I can make a pretty mean loaf of sourdough or wheat bread, but I have to say my speciality is cinnamon rolls. That is by far the one that I have the most orders for. It's exciting to see people who love fresh baked bread.


This past weekend, we set up the cupcakes 24 trailer at the soccer fields. The business was decent but slow. The soccer season has been badly organized this year so it isn't surprising. I sold fresh baked cinnamon rolls and grilled cheese. It wasn't a great success but I made money, so that's good right.



No comments: