Custom Search

Friday, September 16, 2011

Becoming 六 or Six or Seis



As most of you have figured out by now, we are expecting! I know it is hard to believe that with Abbey's awesome weight loss that we could possibly be expecting.



The truth is, life was getting a little boring around LandLife back in April, so we were thinking "What could we do to spice things up a bit?"



So we did what every other couple in the world does when they decide to have a baby. That's right, we ...



checked our email. Come on now, get your head out of the gutter. You really think I would blog about that?



It was April 29. For those of you more astute blog followers you will recognize that April 29 is Abbey and Will's birthday.



Abbey woke me up and told me that we had received an email from our contact in Taiwan and there was a birthmother who wanted us to adopt her baby.



We were like, "Woah!!! I'm not sure about this." But, we promised to pray.



And we did pray. And then we found out that the birthmother was expecting a little girl. And we said, "Wowee!!! Yes!" And then a week later, we found out the birthmother was not expecting a little girl but a boy! And we said "Wowee!! Wowee!!! Wowee!!! Yes!!!!"



So, that's how we became maybe the first or second couple you will ever meet with a surprise adoption!



However, the real truth is, God's plan is bigger than ours. If He wanted us to have a fourth son, then goodness knows, we want to be in His will. We are so excited.



And that is how the Land family of five is now becoming the Land family of six.



Little Tuck is due sometime in late October. We would love for you to pray for Tuck and his birthmother. Pray that they will remain healthy.



Abbey and I also ask that you pray for our family. Another big transition in our lives and another hit to our vast amount of savings. Well, maybe when I say vast, I should remind you that this is our fourth child to be adopted. So, I guess what I mean to say is that you will pray that we will fully trust that God is going to provide the funds we need.



When Abbey and I said "I do" to one another over ten years ago, we could have never imagined the amazing journey that God was going to allow us to travel. We could have never prayed for a more amazing family. We love Reed, Nash, and Will so much and now He has even given us the chance to walk with a birthmother thousands of miles away through her pregnancy.



We've got a couple of fundraisers in the works, but we promise they will be fun and you will want to know about them. Even if you can't personally help us financially, we know our faithful blog readers will pray for us. That is assuming we have faithful blog readers. I know that Beckie H keeps up wit the blog.




Can you imagine how much fun it is going to be to have a four year old, a three year old, a one year old, and a newborn!?!?!

Well, we aren't sure when we will get Tuck, but our homestudy is ready and we have applied for immigration, so please pray our process moves quickly.

13 comments:

Heckert's Highway said...

Love it, love it, love it!! And can't wait for you to bring your treasure home.

We have joined you in the surprise adoption realm. Our treasure was a surprise to us, but obviously not to God. Can't wait to see pictures of them together:O)

Praying for your family,
Jenn

Tish said...

HOOOOORAY! so very excited for you!

Tim said...

Congratulations! Getting into rare territory with 4 children in this day and age! :)

Come join the party!

Sewconsult said...

Yes, I am! Congratulations and wishes smooth transitions, fun fund raiders & safe travels when time.
Beckie H!

Shirley H. said...

Congrats~~~!!!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW this story and yet, I still sit here with tears, tears, tears......of JOY and Happiness for my sweet "little" boy and his family! Jeff, GOD IS SO GOOD!!! I am so happy for all of you. I cannot think of very many who could take on this enormous responsibility but you and Abbey. GOD looked down and said, "LET THEM BE BLESSED!" AND one more thing.....I do keep up with reading the blog....when there is new stuff on it!!! HAHA
LOVE YOU, ENNA

Lisa said...

good for you guys!! Congratulations. It will all work out. Abby you look amazing.
Lisa

Mark & Kris said...

So happy and excited for you guys!! Beautiful pictures, too! Will keep your family and baby Tuck and his birth family in my prayers! God is good!

michelle said...

Congratulations!!! What amazing news! I will keep the birthmother and little Tuck in my prayers. I love that name!!

The Family K. said...

Well, now! Congratulations! That is wonderful news. Here's to a fast court process and an easy transition for everyone.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

WOW!!!!!! Congrats! SOO HAPPY FOR YALL! You have to share where you got hte shirt done! :) I LOVE THEM :) I can't wait to follow along. Soooo, how long after birth before yall can go get your littlest brother?

Traci said...

Found your blog on Taiwan ROCKS.
That is awesome! God certainly does move in CRAZY AWESOME ways! Congratulations. While we were in Taipei we met a family who was adopting a newborn, biological sibling of one of their children. The birth mom wanted the children to be together.

Danielle :) said...

Ok...so I missed this one! And I remember seeing the one before and wondering about that onesie with the name Tuck on it! It's that Mommy Brain of mine! ha!
CONGRATULATIONS! Wow! What an awesome journey you have been on. SO excited for you and your boys!