Custom Search

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Introducing: Our First Nephew!



Next Tuesday, my sister-in-law (Abbey's sister) was scheduled to have our first nephew.



On Tuesday, I awoke to the sound of a text coming into my phone from Lola telling me that that they were headed to the hospital to be with Ava. Baby Brooks decided that he was coming on his own timing!



I'm not sure what time he was born and honestly, right now I can't remember how much he weighed, but it was something like 6 pounds and 9 ounces I think.



Abbey had always planned to be there for Brooks' entry into the world, however, this threw a kink into our plans.



I had planned to take next Tuesday off so that Abbey could be in Mississippi.



So, at 4:00 yesterday morning, we quickly decided that Abbey should go to Mississippi. She got up, jumped in the shower, and headed south. Thankfully, I had filled my Jeep with gas Monday night. Abbey's van was on empty and needs the oil changed so we decided to her to take my Jeep.



Abbey didn't make it in time for Brooks' debut, but she was there pretty quickly afterwards.



I'm glad that Abbey got to be there to see our first nephew!

Will Will, Nashy, Reedy, and I got to spend the day together. Michelle came over and kept the boys for me for a little while so I could go to the grocery. Tomorrow we are having a kickoff party for the new curriculum my team has been working on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby Brooks is absolutely gorgeous!!! Congrats to Ava and Brookie. Guys, Enna is getting very excited about being there with you next week....I will be so glad when I can finally be out of school and on the way!!!