Custom Search

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Oh Baby Powder!



5 minutes. That's all it takes. 5 minutes of silence and a 3.5 year old will turn your home from clean to a puffy flurry of powder!



Nash was in his room playing. Will was taking a bottle and Reed ... well, Reed was quiet.



Abbey decided to go and check on him and this is what she found! A big baby powder bonanza that stretched from downstairs to upstairs.



It was all over the couch.



All over our tables.



All over our floors and in the crevices of the wood floor.



And then it traveled from our living room to our bedroom.



In the bedroom, it was spread pretty well.



When Abbey called me downstairs, all I could do is laugh. You know, I've recently been reading on this book "52 Things Kids Need to Know from their Dad." One of the chapters is not yelling about spilled milk. You know, I'm really trying to get over yelling too much.



When I laughed, however, Reed very seriously looked at me and said, "This is not funny." (this picture is from Will's room. I didn't get a picture of the chair, the glider, and of course, Will's baby bed, also covered in baby powder.)



I think that Abbey and Will enjoyed watching me vacuum up all of the powder. Thankfully, Uncle Bill took Reed and Nash to give them a bath while we cleaned.



This was perhaps the most artistic of the powder creations.



And then there was the powder in the potty!

So, when we asked Reed about why he did it, it became clear to us that he's watching WAY TOO MUCH Scooby Doo. He said, "I was leaving clues." Yes, my son, was leaving us clues to find with baby powder.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

oh my oh my!!! This is WAY funnier and WAY MESSIER than I imagined after reading Abbey's FB post!

Mark & Kris said...

I love the photo where you can see his toe prints! You are a patient man!

Julie said...

yes, a lot of damage can happen in 5 minutes!! Especially with a three or four year old or a two year old for that matter...

Anonymous said...

When they get quiet...is when you should worry! TOO funny!