Custom Search

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Balentime's Day!



Okay, so we're not really celebrating Valentine's day really big this year. We celebrated last weekend and decided that we wouldn't get each other presents.



But, what kind of husband would I be if I didn't get Abbey some flowers.



A few years ago, when Ava and Brookie got married, I went early the church with Lola to help Mr. Bob do the flowers.



The experience was invaluable for me, because he taught me how to arrange flowers. That meant I didn't have to pay crazy florist prices anymore. I could buy grocery store flowers and just do them myself.



So, yesterday, I went to Whole Foods (they have great flowers usually, but not as great as Central Market if there are any Texas readers out there!) and bought some flowers. This afternoon, I headed over to Manya's with Reed where the flowers were hiding and fixed them right up. Abbey was surprised.



We had not been out of the house since around 4:00 yesterday, so today at 5:00 we were stir crazy and decided to go Chili's for supper. We had a giftcard, so that was our main enticement to go. We called Uncle Bill and asked him if he wanted to meet us there.



Afterwards, we went to Target and did a little birthday party shopping. Can you believe that Reed is going to be 3 on Tuesday?!?!?!? We are in complete denial. Just imagine. In a little over a month from now, it will be the three year anniversary of referral and the birth of Flat Reed! What a blessing he has been in our lives!





We're so excited about getting a Flat "little girl" sometime in the future, too!



The waiter at Chili's apparently realized his service was less than stellar so he offered Reed a balloon.

4 comments:

theglenns556 said...

super cool hats!

Sarah said...

flowers, Chilis, bajoons, and Target. What a great day! Nice hat. Heh heh.

Kerry said...

How did 3 get here so quickly?

Love Reed sporting those glasses! They were probably on clearance, too, since its post-Superbowl, huh?

What are the plans for Reed's birthday? I'm still debating here.

Jennifer Walker said...

We SO miss Central Market in Ft. Worth!!! OH yes, they had the best salsa!!!