Custom Search

Sunday, December 06, 2009

278th -We Salute You!



Before I get into the meat of this post: Fast forward this photo 14 years and we're talking Sc.a.ry! I can't believe that in just 14 short years, these little guys will be driving.



This morning, we battled the bitter Tennessee cold to salute the 278th as they left for 1 year on their deployment to Iraq.



In our adoption papers, we often have to share how we will keep Reed in touch with his birth culture. I feel that it is very important to keep Reed in touch with his culture, but I also think it is very important that we teach him about his American culture and especially about our military forces!



The two buses in the picture are carrying some of America's finest.



Reedy saluted the troops as they drove past. Of course, I'm a weenie so I teared up. I felt bad until I heard Abbey sniffling and then saw Tamara's eyes with tears in them.



Some kids from my Sunday School class were there too.



After church, we went to Pizza Hut.



Tate, Reed, Britton, and Cade had a great time playing on the booths.





While I was not thrilled with Reed playing on the booths, I was not about to let these cute shots get away.



Our church has quite a few little boys who are around the same age.

No comments: