Custom Search

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Y-E-P



We have a word that is apparently way overused to in our house, because we are hearing it WAY to much from the little one.



If you are wondering if that's Reed and Megan under that big red bucket, the answer would be YEP!

Unfortunately, Reed's new favorite response is "yep" to almost anything and anyone. A response, which is terribly rude in my opinion. When we lived in Texas kids called me Jeff and always responded with "Yes" and "No".

In Tennessee, kids call me Mr. Jeff and say "Yes, sir" and "No, sir".

Although there was a time that I didn't care to be thought of as sir or Mister, that time has passed.



Especially when it comes to the kiddo in that red bucket that is sitting where his toys should be!

I can't stand to ask Reed a question and for him to tell me "yep". I always make him correct it to "Yes, sir". He's pretty good at saying "please and thank you" but "sir and ma'am" are real stuggles for him.



Anyone have any advice on how to get Reed to use manners when responding to adults?

Enjoy this video of Reed going down the steps, the fast way.

6 comments:

Jane said...

You might want to remind Reedy that he really shouldn't go down the stairs like that at Manya's house. Yep, it would hurt!!!

Sarah said...

What a fast little monkey! :)

Unknown said...

I love the video! And taking steps one foot at a time...such a big boy!

theglenns556 said...

YOU TOTALLY JINXED ME!!!

I read this post last night and thought "I'm so glad to be past this stage. I hated the yep stage!"

Would you believe that little three year old booger that lives with me woke up saying YEP this morning and has said it all day!!!!!!!

Kerry said...

Keep at it! He'll eventually call you sir. Holly's response is always "Ummm...yeah."

The video makes me glad we don't have stairs at our house...and that Holly is asleep instead of watching!

Mary Catherine said...

The video is so funny!