Custom Search

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Shutters on Saturday!



Father's Day is tomorrow. My life has changed so much since I have become a father, not to mention the fact that I've gained a lot of weight!



My sweet baby and my wonderful wife got me a nicely wrapped Father's Day present. Reed helped paint the wrapping paper. He was just really adamant apparently about having pink paint.



It's pretty much normal around here that we don't ever wait to open up presents on the actual holiday, so they let me open the present tonight. It was what I have been wanting for a long time! Adirondak Chairs! I've been wanting them forever! Now, I have to put them together and paint them, but that's okay, I finally got some!



While Uncle Bill and I were outside working on our Saturday project, Reed and Abbey were inside cooking and so forth.




Reed pretended to eat "carrots" —playdough.



He loves playdough!





Yummy, yummy!



Today, we put shutters up on our house! We've been wanting them for a long time and early this week I found 4 sets on Craigslist for $30.00. That's about all our budget could afford, so I bought them since they were the right color, right size, and definitely the right price.



The first two were horribly hard to put up. I asked the guy at Lowe's to recommend a drill bit for drilling into bricks. It took us forever.



After that, we took a break because it was a million degrees outside. We went back to Lowe's and this time, another salesman recommended another bit. It was way to hot when we got home, so it was time for Reed's nap, so everyone rested.



After nap, it was still scorching hot, so we all went to the neighborhood pool. It was wonderful.

It cooled off by the time we arrived home, so we went back to work on the shutters. The new drill bit was like a hot knife through butter. Well, maybe not that good, but after the morning we had had, it was much better!

We're pretty pleased with the results. We achieved a more welcoming feel I think. Now, I'm going to list the other two sets of shutters on Craigslist and try to get my $30.00 back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day, sweet son!!!! I am so happy for you to have your chairs. I have waited 36 years for some and still do not have them!!! Ha!I guess I could just go buy them. Love the Shutters and what a great price. I will have to go check out Craigslist!!! Have a great day and REED, just know, bud, YOU have a great Daddy and MOM!!! Love, ENNA