Custom Search

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Friends and Fun



Reed is totally into cars right now! It's the first thing that he asks for when he wakes up and the last thing he talks about before going to bed. I thought this picture looked like he was opening up a used car lot. Getting them all in order and straight.



He is really good at playing by himself. Today, I woke up and mowed the yard. When I finished, we came in and had breakfast. Then, Abbey and I worked to clean the house. We decided that we would clean together today instead of our normal divide-and-conquer approach. This worked well, and we got to see each other more!



Reed came to visit us every few minutes, but generally played throughout the house the entire time. Although he is good at playing by himself, he's also really good at moving from room to room.



I'm sure that most normal people would think that the picture above might look like Reed is lining up a parade of cars maybe, but for the demented child of a mortician, I automatically saw a funeral procession!



When we finished cleaning, Manya arrived to keep Reed so that Abbey and I could go on a date.

We went to see "The Proposal". It was a cute movie. Sort of a common story line, I thought, but good nonetheless. It was good to see Sandra Bullock in a movie again.



Manya reported that they had a good time. The original plan was to take Reed swimming, however, Reed was not interested in swimming. So they stayed home and played with trains and cars.



When we arrived home, Reed was napping, so I decided that I would join him for a siesta. Apparently Manya and Abbey decided to go back to Wal-Mart (a store they have visited 3 times in the past 2 days!) and buy a few items for our meat and veggies supper with friends.



On the menu tonight was:

Pork Roast, Ham, Green beans, corn, fried okra, mac-n-cheese, and corn(bread) cakes.

Dessert was apple pie and brownies. Yummy!



On the guest list was Danny and Megan, Jane, Candace, Brandon and Tamara (and Britton), plus us.

We had plenty of food and plenty of conversation.



We decided that since it was a "country" meal we would serve tea and lemonade in mason jars.



We were delightful hosts indeed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abbey, you have hosting down to the "T". You need to start an "in-home" business for others to benefit from your creativity. LOVE the Mason Jars!!! ENNA

Anonymous said...

I have to keep looking at these pictures as they are so precious. I cannot get over how "little boyish" Reed looks. I cannot wait to get my hugs and kisses. Love, ENNA