Custom Search

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Love



If you hang out with us very long, you hear us tell Reed something pretty often. We are almost constantly telling him that we love him.



You will also hear us tell Reed to tell you or whoever else is around "love you".



Abbey and I both grew up in homes where we knew without a doubt that we were loved. Our parents told us often that they loved us and they also showed it daily.



As I have gotten older, I have for some reason become less comfortable with telling people that I love them. Even though I might certainly feel love towards someone, I guess I think it isn't manly. That bothers me.



I hope that Reed will always feel comfortable telling me that he loves me and I hope that he will always feel comfortable telling other people that he loves them.



This was especially poignant to me tonight when we were leaving Reed's classroom at church and he told Miss Betty "love you betty, betty!" I thought about the fact that Miss Betty is widowed, her children are grown and she is in her 70's. I wondered if anyone else had told her they loved her today. I knew though, that one sweet two year old, who prays for Miss Betty and loves going to her class had told her that she was loved. And you know what? Miss Betty said, "I love you too!"



Reed also loves his sweet friend, Mae Mae (Mary Catherine).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I love you, Jeff, Abbey....and little REED!!" You are my sunshine, each and every day!!! love Enna and POPPY

Kerry said...

I'm pretty sure Reed also loves that monsterous sucker he has!

There's nothing better than being told by your kids that they love you, is there?

Anonymous said...

Kerry, I agree with you. I have always told my boys that I would rather have a letter with an "I love you" than any gift!!! AS for the sucker, I looked at these suckers at Cracker Barrel to buy for Reed and Joshi.....but I figured suckers were "off limits" like "Chucky Cheese". OH REED, you just wait until you visit this summer. This granny cannot wait. We are going to have a blast!!!!

ava said...

I think the sucker is the one I bought for him. I figured that is what Aunts are for! They buy them stuff they are not supposed to have! :)

Mary Catherine said...

In the first pic. I blinked! The second one is cute! I`m soooooo happy to be out of school so I can sleep in until about 9:30 to 10:00!

Mary Catherine said...

I love Reed Reed too!