Custom Search

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What?



What? You might be wondering has happened to us over the past couple of days.
What? Could keep us from blogging about the most cutest little Asian-American in the world?

Well, there's really no excuse.



For the past two nights, I have fallen asleep while putting Reed to bed. We're still struggling with the sleep issue.



I know that there are many schools of thought on sleeping, and I know that there are also many opinionated parents out there about how you should help your kids get to sleep.



We generally lay down with Reed while he falls asleep. He does not sleep in a baby bed, but sleeps in a twin bed in his room. He generally wakes up in the middle of the night and unfortunately, we have been very weak in the next part of the story.



When he wakes up, he SCREAMS and we usually end up putting him in the bed with us. That's not really what we think is best, but it is easiest! I know that's not a great reason for allowing it, but that's the truth.



I have decided that when I can explain to Reed in clear terms about how he should go to sleep, then we will become more strict about him going to bed quietly and quickly. One of the reasons why I continue to lay down with him until he goes to sleep is because since he's been home, he's grown so quickly and so much that I don't want to waste time that we have with him.

So, that's why I haven't posted. It's because I'm spending time with my baby!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you know that you leave the child in his crib until he discovers how to crawl out. Then and only then do you move them into a big boy bed. Or if you need to crib for the next baby. Or the child has a history of breaking bones.

Dee'Anna said...

Hey I can't say anything. We have the same problem with Keyleigh. She is going to be 5 in June and she sleeps with us. We put her in her bed and in the middle of the night she crawls in the bed with us. One day she will not want to crawl in the bed with us so I will deal with it until then. Dee'Anna

Anonymous said...

Poor Jeff, this might be an inherited thing....I remember having all three, you, Bobby, and Trae, in bed with us. That was when we went from a full size to a King size!!!Ha! Give Reed a big hug when you snuggle with him tonight!! ENNA

Amanda said...

Hey Jeff. Love your blog! Just wanted to tell you don't worry about Reed! We do the same thing with Wesley. He used to never fall asleep without us, and now we just lay down with him for a few minutes after books/prayers, and he eventually falls asleep. But, at some point during the night he comes to our bed. By morning, he and Davis are both usually in our bed! You are right they grow so fast, and I just love every minute I get to cuddle with my babies! You just hold him as much as you can:)!!

Kerry said...

There's no right or wrong way to deal with sleep. If it works for all 3 of you, then it's all good! They do grow up way to fast, don't they? Super cute pj's Reed is wearing!

You need a new ticker now that Reed turned 2! Isn't it strange the things I notice about your blog? :)

Kerry