Custom Search

Saturday, November 08, 2008

BUSY day!



We woke up rip-roaring and ready to work today!!! Last night, we put up 5 Christmas trees, so that was a pretty good bit of work for the weekend already. We didn't get them decorated.



Today, Uncle Bubba and I pulled all of the bushes in the picture above out of the yard. WE HATE THEM and have been planning on getting rid of them since we moved in this house a year ago next week.



We also wanted to pull up these two cedar trees that block the steps to our porch.



We were able to pull the first few out ourselves, but we needed Reed's help on the next ones.



He is so strong, he was able to do it with one hand.



He was unimpressed by my efforts.



I got a lot of flack about Reed's camo outfit from Abbey and Tamara.



Okay, so the pants were too small, but it is Saturday!



In case you didn't figure it out already, Reed wasn't able to pull the bushes out by himself. We really used Tamara's 4 x 4.



Reed loves Britty!



Uncle Bill pulled the blazer himself.



Uhhh ... I thought I was digging the ground, but it was the concrete.

Sorry, I forgot to get a "finished" picture of the yard. We're going to be replacing the toothpick columns soon too.

Tonight, Uncle Bubba and I went to the Vandy vs Florida beating. Not a good game!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a blast... all day. Thanks for including me in the fun and then the game... It was fun (all of it). Be

Jane said...

Wow!!! Y'all worked really hard. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Were you really surprised the UF vs. Vanderbilt game turned out any differently? :)

Unknown said...

Christmas trees already?! It's not even Thanksgiving yet. Impressive. BTW, I can't even tell those pants are too small...just too cute!

Kerry said...

That's a huge tease to tell us the whole story of pulling out the nasty bushes and then not show us how it looked when they were gone!

You would get along famously with my neighbor who puts up 12 Chistmas trees or something crazy like that...although he waits til Thanksgiving weekend! ;)

Good to hear I'm not the only one who accidentally puts pants that are too small on my kid! Reed looks cute in camo, and I don't even like camo.

Anonymous said...

Wow, FIVE Christmas trees? That is what I call really getting into the season! ...almost as bad as a doctor I used to work with in KC...he kept his office decorated with THREE Christmas trees YEAR ROUND. (Course, he would alter the decor of each tree based on the time of year...red/white/blue for Fourth of July, etc!) He was such a nut about Christmas that he and his wife had 12 Christmas trees up in their enormous home during Christmas season. Personally, it is almost too much for me to keep up with ONE! What are you guys doing with FIVE?!

Wish you would come to our house and pull up our 1970's bushes! I don't like them, but they haven't left yet! I've ignored them since we moved in over a year ago...never have watered them a single time...and STILL they are encroaching over our sidewalk and stubbornly flourishing. So frustrating!