Custom Search

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Our Little Smily Boy



Reed was in a very happy mood this afternoon once his mommy and daddy were finally in the same room together. I had to mow the yard after work and Reed was not thrilled with the idea of me not being inside with them.



We've noticed Reed's desire that we be in the same room for quite sometime. He seems most content when we are together. We don't even have to be playing with him, but he seems to notice when one of us is out of the picture.




A funny for the day is something that Reed said. In the past few days we've been working on teaching Reed to say "Jesus." He actually is doing a really great job. Tonight, after I said the blessing for supper, I asked Reed if he could say "God." He quickly responded, "Daddy." Now, I know that he was not refering to "God" as his "Heavenly Daddy," but it was kind of neat don't you think.



He was extremely sleepy tonight, so he went to bed early. I was not really in opposition to this because I have been eager all day to watch the VP debates.



Tomorrow Reed and I are going to eat supper with Uncle Bubba and his parents. Today is his birthday. Abbey would go, but tomorrow is her stamping night and they are going to work on Christmas things.



In case your wondering, the answer is yes! We still wonder why God saw fit to bless us so abundantly with such an amazing son! We are so blessed!



We leave you tonight with perhaps the greatest video we have of Reed yet. Feel free to play it over and over.

4 comments:

Tisra said...

Even I had to play it twice! You can be assured that your dearest friends and family will be playing it MULTIPLE times! What a gorgeous blessing of a boy!

Tisra
waiting (still) (FEC 17 months)
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
www.tisrafadelyoriginals.etsy.com

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

John and I love the video! And you were right, we did watch it several times. Reed is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Please put that video in a card of some kind and send it to Enna to put on her desk at school and in my car and in my Bible and in reach at all times so that I can hear that wonderful laugh at all times. Are we not blessed to have had God place such a precious one in our lives? Thanks so much for the Blog!!! I love being able to see Reed each and every day. I just wish that he could see and know us!!! Hey, you need to help me set up a BLOG!!! We love you, REED, Jeff and Abbey. Enna

Anonymous said...

Little smiley? Looks like he's a lot closer to big smiley to me!!