Custom Search

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy Independence Day! (1 Day Late!)



"Why am I up so early in the morning?"



"Mommy, I have been sitting here for 40 million hours getting pictures made. I want to run!"



"Boy, I sure do have a lot of family!"



"Aunt Molly and Uncle John sure do have a nice house!"



"Uncle John helped me make the right decision."



"I think I'd like to run now."



"Aunt Ava's lemonade is yummy!"



"Wow, cousin Sam is a big guy and he has a lot of Mississippi State stuff! I am not sure if Mississippi State is on my Mommy and Daddy's approved list of colleges."



"Hey, how did that picture get on here, this is a blog about me."



"Uh, hello?? Did anybody here me. Uncle Jason and Mommy you need to go take care of Ella."



"Pop Rox pushes this car really good."



"I think I would like to run some more now."



"Cousin Brady has a really nice beach ball."



"I agree with everything Aunt Molly has to say as long as she keeps those yummy grapes coming my way!"

____________________

Okay, I'm going to take over for Reed now. We're back from Memphis where we celebrated the 4th with a bunch of extended family. It was good to see some cousins and relatives that we hadn't seen in a while. Many of them had never met Reed.

Reed traveled well, and we will be bringing a topic of debate to the blog this week based on our travel. Be ready to comment.

And now ... in case any of you were wondering if we were still hypermiling in an attempt to conserve gas.

When we started hypermiling, we were averaging 16-18 mpg in Abbey's van. Now, we are averaging 23-24 mpg. In my Jeep I was getting 19-20 mpg and now 22-23. I think that we're doing good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reed, I cannot wait to see you at the end of this month!!! You and your mom and dad can help Aunt Ava with her new school room and then come help Enna with decorating hers!!! FUN!!! I cannot wait to put some little kisses under that sweet little neck. Love, ennA

PS Tell your dad that a lot of wonderful people went to school at MSU!!!!! ENNA!!!!

Maggie said...

Cute pictures of Reed, Abbey, green is so your color.

Thanks for the tips on hypermiling. Before I was doing it, I was probably getting in the low 20s per gallon. That's in my 02 Camry. Now I'm getting 30-33! I'd still love a roomier vehicle, but this'll do until we have a third. Have you noticed a difference in the second half of your tank? I've read that there's an evaporation factor in some vehicles and that after you've used the first half or so of a tank of gas, that gas begins to evaporate (or something like that). I've noticed a big difference in mpg after my tank hits the halfway point. In that same article (have no idea where I found it) it said you should never let your tank get lower than half. Any comments/advice on that?

Sherry said...

Wow you guys have a BIG fam! Love Reed's cute one-piece:) Glad you had an awesome par-tay.