Custom Search

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dancing With a Fish, A Dog Named Lucy, and Funny Faces



Enna has a collection of old VBS things and she found this inflatable fish from several years ago. Today, I suggested that Reed dance with the fish. Reed grabbed the fish by the fins and danced his little heart out.



He has been so sweet today. He got to go see Mrs. Emily and Mrs. Lauren at lunch and then Apple Annie! He got to experience BOPS frozen custard and even had a great nap!



Tonight, Enna had to go to a bridal show and when she came home we were still outside. When she came inside, Reed was saying "Mama" a lot. I asked him why he was saying "Mama" so much and why he wasn't saying, "Daddy." Enna said, "Reed, say 'Daddy'." Reed obliged and said, "Daddy" twise. Then we said, say "Enna." He said, "Nahnah." We nearly flipped. Then we said say, "Poppy" and guess what? Reed said, "Poppy." We were so proud of all of his words.



Reed got a new dog, Lucy. Well, Lucy sort of just wandered up today, but she is really sweet. (We named her Lucy.) Lucy seems to have had a rough life so far because she was so scared. But, she was really sweet to us. Enna doesn't want her to stick around, but we do!



Reed loves the door at Enna and Poppy's. Look at all of the marks on it! Enna says she'll never wash it again.



We had fun making funny faces in the door.



Lots of fun.


____________________

On Monday, Abbey and I will have been married 7 years! Can you believe it? So, I plan to do the 7 things I love about her for the next several days.

7. Her Smell. I have loved the way Abbey smells since our first date. Abbey wears a fragrance called "Laugh" by Brighton. I'm sure most people have heard of brighton belts, wallets, or sunglasses, but many people don't know they have 4 fragrances. Abbey should be the poster child for "Laugh" because it works incredibly with Abbey's chemistry! There have been a few times that she's worn other perfumes that I used to get for free when I worked retail, but we always have come back to "Laugh." So, remember, the next time you see Abbey, take a deep sniff. Just remember, she's mine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Lucy at Enna's house or your house? She looks really sweet! The 7 things about Mrs. Abbey are going to mean a lot to her and that is really special!

~ Lexi

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Kids, There is a line from the movie, "Hope Floats" in which the grandmother looks at the grandchild and says, "My cup runneth over!" As you know, this is also stated in Psalms 23. Well, that is the only way that I knew to describe how it felt to have all of my boys, all of my girls, and both of my grandbabies with me this week. Jeff, you know that normally I would have been on a nervous streak to be at the school getting my room ready. HEY, finally, being a grandmother has taught me my priorities....and you know what...because daddy took off this week....I will take another day to be with him tomorrow. Thank you all so very much for making the end of a hectic summer come together with so much LOVE!!! WE LOVE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!!! ABBEY, after much conversation with the "SEWING PLACE" I finally was able to get my monogrammer to work. We will think of some neat things to do for "BABY AVA" I love all of you, MOM If I washed my windows today it would be with my "tears" as I already miss all of you. Love, ENNA