Custom Search

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A Birthday Surprise!!!



Today, I came home from work and the baby was asleep. Abbey asked me if I was going to mow the yard. I told her that I would after supper and she seemed a little miffed.



She sat up in the bonus room with me for a little while and then said that she felt like baking. I kept laying down and Reed woke up after a few minutes.



We played for a few minutes and I remembered that we didn't have any weed eater string and we were out of gas for the mower. Reed and I decided to go to Lowe's.



We came home and the garage door opener was not in the van. I called Abbey and she didn't answer. I called again and still no answer. I was mad, I came in and started to speak loudly to Abbey and when I turned the corner my Mom was standing there!



I was very excited. I really wanted my mom to be able to make it up here for my birthday on Friday because it is the first time that I am turning 29. Friday is not only my birthday, but it is also my mom's birthday. 7/11 is a day that we have shared all of my life.



I got a double surprise because my cousins Mary Elizabeth and Catherine Anne were with her. It is has been YEARS since the last time that I have seen them.



Reed was thrilled to see Enna and he LOVES his cousins! He is going to have a great time with them here.



So, I have gotten a wonderful birthday present already and it isn't even my birthday yet!



My 28th year has been AMAZING!





Reed thinks so too!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

That's hilarious! Happy early Birthday...

Maria said...

I did 29 for years and years until YOU told my son that I wasn't -- thanks. Can't wait to return the favor one day. *smile* Happy early! All the Lathams!!

Kevin said...

Happy 29th and kudos to Abbey for organizing the surprise!

Love Reed's expression in the last pic.

Kevin

Jane said...

Glad to know "Operation Slurpee" was a success. Happy Birthday, Jeff!!!