Custom Search

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Christmas Shopping!



Today, we woke up early to go to Atlanta for a conference that I am attending for work on Thursday and Friday. Thankfully, since it was a driving trip, Reed and Abbey got to come along!



We've been saving up for a while for this trip, but we had a special plan! Atlanta is the CLOSEST IKEA to our house and we wanted to buy Reed's Christmas presents!

Reed was mesmerized by IKEA, so mesmerized in fact, that he walked right into the pole above that he is pictured with.



Reed really liked IKEA. He thought that the kids section was incredible.



The monkey on Reed's shoulder also thought it was pretty neat!



IKEA is very family friendly, and Reed really enjoyed it.



Reed thought that this little bear-chair was pretty interesting.



Of course, this rocky toy was really interesting to Reed. He thought it was was a lot of fun.



He also found the rocky moose a fun little toy as well. Man, IKEA has some great stuff for kiddos!



Reed and Mommy picked out some IKEA Cookies. They are like animal crackers that spell I K E A.



We were able to buy ALL of Reed's Christmas presents tonight! I emphasized ALL because I might need to refer back to this post for Abbey to look at that we have agreed that Reed's Christmas presents are now purchased.

Reed was all smiles, even at the end of the day! Tomorrow is conference day, so hopefully, Reed and Abbey will have a restful day at the hotel.

I think we're going to try to hit Stone Mountain tomorrow night.

Now, for the quiz:

1. What one item do you think we forgot and now need to buy?

2. What two items above do you think we bought for Reed for Christmas?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. diapers or paci.

2. rocking moose and table/chair set

Julie W.

ava and brookie said...

Answers:
1. the one item you forgot to buy is Aunt Ava's christmas present.
2. I hope you bought him the table and chairs (He really needs those) and I'm going for the rocky moose toy. I know how you like those old fashioned wooden toys. And he looks good in red!

sara said...

If you have the time and think Reed might like to see all the fish and animals I recommend hitting the Georgia Aquarium and/or Zoo Atlanta. The aquarium is incredible and happens to have their own special deliveries from Taiwan! www.monkeyjoes.com might be another fun place for Reed and Abby to visit while you are working. I've been reading your blog everyday since your gotcha day in Taiwan. It would be so nice to meet you guys and show you around while you are in town (I swear I'm not a stalker ... lol), but my schedule is crazy today and I am leaving town tomorrow. Maybe if you make it back to ATL sometime. :-)

Anonymous said...

Let's see ...

You forgot Reed's sippy cup. The one that he likes to throw. :)

For the gifts, I am going to go with the table and chairs and the bear chair.

Maggie said...

I'm with Ava, the rocker and the table/chairs set.

Blanton & Jaime said...

I really like Ava's comment about her christmas present! ;o)

Item you forgot:
Faux Counsin Parrish so he could pick out some cool items for his room! ;o)

Items bought:
I hope you bought that cute bear chair and I love the table and chairs...they were a perfect fit for Reed and he wouldn't be able to throw them...at least not right now!

Love you all,
Blanton, Jaime and Parrish

Anonymous said...

1. diapers
2. table & chairs