Custom Search

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's Mama's Birthday and I Can Smile if I Want To!



The good ole Reed that we all know and love was back today! He was so happy! Check out the wetness on his clothes, that is from slobber, not from juice!



Today was Mommy's birthday and Reed had a special surprise for her. He picked out some flowers for her and he wrote in her card.



Then, it was time for Reed to go to Mother's Day Out and for Mommy to begin to her day of pampering.



Enna and Poppy sent Abbey money to get a manicure and pedicure. So, Abbey headed to get that taken care of first thing this morning.



She then headed to Target and just walked around, uninterrupted. It's funny the things you appreciate as you get older, eh?



After I got home from work, Reed, Abbey, and I played for a while until Miss Candace to came over to keep him while we went on a birthday date.



Abbey's present from me was makeup. She has been wearing cheap makeup since she quit working and I think she was ready for real makeup. So, I took her to the clinique counter and let the lady do her work and then we bought makeup!



Then, we went to eat at Red Lobster.



Then, we went to see "Baby Mama" at the new theater. The new theater in H-ville is SO nice and Baby Mama is HILARIOUS! I would say it's a MUST SEE!

We ended the evening by heading for dessert at Carraba's. Now it is WAY, WAY, WAY past our bedtimes and the alarm clock will be going off at 5:05 AM whether I am ready for it or not!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Abbey! Whatcha got planned for mother's day?

Maria said...

Happy BDay Abbey. IRONICALLY, Josh and I were in Hville at the movies yesterday as well and ended up in Baby Mama -- ON ACCIDENT. We THOUGHT we were in Nim's Island (next door). We sat through previews and all and when the movie started we both looked at each other and went, "oops!". Fortunately, we didn't miss any of our movie next door. We then went to the bookstore. Wish we would have seen you so I could have seen Reed-o!!

The Manning Family said...

Happy Birthday Abbey!!!!

Living to Love said...

Happy Birthday to Abbey!!! Im jealous of the manicure :o) We went to see Baby Mama this past weekend and we agreed totally HILARIOUS. Brandon (my husband) laughed so hard several times he was almost to the point of tears and it takes a lot to get him to that point! So glad the day was so great for Abbey!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Land! I love the manicure:<)!

~ Lexi

Candace said...

Where were the pictures of Abbey for her birthday?

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Happy Birthday, Abbey! Sounds like a great day. It was neat to see you guys on the cover of the JOH newsletter!

RamblingMother said...

Your adoption story made your company news letter. I know because my agencies director Brenda Baker and her hubby are in it. Small small world. I used Children's Hope International and they linked too it for their Ethiopian adoption. What a neat family!! Do you guys know them?

Beverly

RamblingMother said...

SOrry I think I left out an R in their name. I only know Brenda.

Beverly