Custom Search

Sunday, April 13, 2008

9 Years of Us



Today is the ninth anniversary of our first date. Since we have dedicated a lot of time for the past year or so to the another little Land, tonight, we are not going to be posting any pics of the beautiful blessing God gave us in a son, but I am going to be posting about the beautiful blessing He gave me in a wife.



Since I was traveling, yet again, this weekend, I had our florist deliver some flowers to Abbey. Thankfully, she was doing a wedding this weekend and had some unusual flowers. Generally, in our neck of the woods, we're pretty much stuck with boring, mundane flowers.



Tonight, our friends Danny and Megan, came to keep Reed while we went on a date. We went to Macaroni Grill. It was delicious. Last week, I received a card in the mail. It was from someone who had been in one of the conferences that I had taught a few weeks ago. She explained that she had really enjoyed my conference and thanked me with a giftcard to Olive Garden. Olive Garden isn't our favorite, so Uncle Bubba traded me his Macaroni Giftcard for our Olive Garden giftcard.

We had them bring half of our order out in to-go boxes, but we were determined to have dessert. I ordered my favorite, Tiramisu, and Abbey ordered her favorite Apple Crisp. The manager brought the Apple Crisp out and immediately apologized that the Tiramisu was frozen, but she was going to give us dessert for free. I ordered the chocolate dumplings. They were delicious, but they were not Tiramisu!

We walked around the mall for a little while until it closed and then headed to Target.



We bought a few items and then headed to Starbucks.



I also gave Abbey a new Vera Bradley wallet purse. My friend Klista helped me pick it out. It's great because she can put what she needs in it and easily through it into the diaper bag.

I do love my wife and I am so thankful that God put us together.

Now, for some J & A trivia (Leave a comment if you can answer one or more questions):

What did we do for our first date? Specifics?
What did we do before our first date?
What retail establishment did we frequent most when we first started dating?
When was our first kiss? Where?
Define "DTR".

6 comments:

Sarah said...

These flowers are absolutely stunning. Good work Jeff! You must be a math wiz to have figured out that suprise + flowers + wife = very happy wife = happy husband. Happy date anniversary!

Jane said...

I'm going to take a stab at them because I know several:

1. First date- I was thinking movie originally because I know the answer to #2 which means it was most likely a Tuesday and movies were $2 on Tuesdays. Then for some reason putt putt came to mind. However, I am going to go with movie and I think you saw "Never Been Kissed". I am almost 100% sure that was the first movie that you two saw together.
2. A whole bunch of us went to BSU together, but for some reason we didn't meet on campus. We met at the coffee shop a few blocks away. Above Ground? I can't remember why, but I remember getting a ride over there but having to walk back to campus because of your date.
3. I am so not sure about this one...I can think of several options like Wal-Mart, the mall, etc. But I am going to go with McAlister's Deli.
4. First kiss. I want to say after the Avalon concert that y'all went to. (Isn't that when I put the rose on Abbey's bed so when she got back from that date it would be waiting for her?) Which most likely means you were in the car. I guess the steps of Latimer Webb would be an option as well.
5. Define the Relationship

How did I do?

Maggie said...

Geez, I should know all this!! I'm going to guess...

What did we do for our first date? Specifics? I'm guessing $2 Tuesday, too. My second guess would be...okay, I have no idea.

What did we do before our first date? I'm going with Jane's answer, BSU. Or Hampseads.

What retail establishment did we frequent most when we first started dating? Wal-Mart across from campus.

When was our first kiss? Where? I have no idea!

Define "DTR". Define the relationship, yeah that was easy.

You should have made one of the questions, what does FWB mean. I would have gotten that one. I think I failed miserably at this one...

Jane said...

Maggie- I completely forgot about FWB. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff, You are so sweet and Abbey's flowers are so pretty. I may embarrass you with my answers but thought that I would take a stab at the answers also.
1. I am not sure if you considered it a date or not, but was it when daddy and I took you to Ruby Tuesdays at Metro Center to eat????
2. If that is the case, then you were at one of those l-o-n-g honors ceremonies right before we went.
3. I know that you used to tell me that you were frequent visitors at the WalMart and used to study in their Food area.
4. I have NO idea when your first kiss was, aren't you glad, but maybe it could have been at the Natchez Trace park near the Reservoir or possibly at the Durant Civil War Cemetery. NO, that was where you got engaged.
As to DTR, I'll go with Jayne's answer.

Now, I have guessed at all of the answers but the most important thing that you could have asked was how long had Abbey been prayed "into" your life. From before you were born, daddy and I prayed for Abbey, Wasn't God soooo good to answer all of the prayers. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Um, you went to see "Never Been Kissed" with Drew Barrymore for your date I think. And, it seems like at camp you showed us a place on campus and Mississippi College where you first kissed. Yeah, that's all I know.