Custom Search

Thursday, April 10, 2008

7 Months!



The stone border is finally done! I am glad to have it done. We actually got further than I thought we would and much faster. We could have planted the Impatiens, but there is a slight chance of a frost this weekend and I don't want to lose an investment.



Uncle Bubba came to help with the border. When we went to Lowe's to buy the top soil, we got the buy of the week. The wind has been quite fierce today and it had blown some ferns off the rack and cracked the pots. They sold them for $1.00 each! I got the last 2 they had on special.



After we were done, we worked on the garage for a little while.



Then, we came in and rested for a little while before it was time for Abbey to go to work.



We went to eat at Catfish House tonight and it was really delicious.



When we came home, we played in the backyard for a while. Reed was all over the place. Suddenly, the fence made a lot of sense!



He was moving so quickly that almost every picture that I have today is blurry!



Reed was so tired tonight that after his bath when I was getting him ready for bed, he didn't even fight me putting his pajamas on.



Now, he is in bed and I am enjoying watching new television shows! Finally! The only problem is apparently, the weather guy is obsessed with giving pointless updates of the storms that are not even in the Nashville area and he keeps wanting to "interrogate" the storms right in the middle of everything. So far, I have pretty much missed "The Office" and "Scrubs." It best not interfere with ER!





I figured since he wasn't eating the dirt, it was okay to let him play in it.



NEWSFLASH, the news guy just announced that he would probably not be back to update until the 10 PM newscast! Thank goodness!

________________________________ And now ... the 7 Month Letter ______________________


Buddy,

You have now lived more of your life with us than you have any other people. You started your life out in a hospital that took care of babies for a few months after they were born. Then you spent time with your foster mother who obviously loved you very much. Then, in September, you came to live with your Mommy and Daddy and we were so happy! for 6 months and 3 weeks of your life, you lived without us, and now you have lived 7 months with us! I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, you are one of the greatest blessings we have ever experienced. Your life is proof of God's goodness and the fact that He still performs miracles! You are a miracle and gift from God. It's almost impossible for me to comprehend that you have only been with us for 7 months and yet you have impacted our lives so deeply and richly! I pray that God will continue to bless your life with the joy that is so evident in your personality and that we would be able to help you always seek His abundant grace.

I love you,

Daddy

4 comments:

Stacy said...

So, what happened at the end of "The Office?" I am so ticked! We had to miss like the last second :( I had to bring Ben back to reality by letting him know that the weather guy might have saved someone's life, at our only expense of missing the end of our favorite show. Hopefully someone in that part of the state took heed when they saw the warning and was safe!

Anonymous said...

SEVEN MONTHS!!!! Dear Reed,
You are such a special young man. You are my wake-up call each morning and my good-night call each night. I look forward each and every day to see what your new adventures have been and what you and your mom and dad have been into that day. I look at my three sons and wonder at how much love could possibly be left....and realize that my heart is being filled up with the love for two special grandchildren. Reed, you may be miles from us...and you may not get to see us very much, but Tra and Enna love you more than our very next breath. When God brought you into our lives so many months ago...HE brought joy, happiness, and an incredible amount of love.... JUST LIKE THAT LOVE THAT HE HAD FOR HIS OWN SON!!! Pweese cum see us soon!!!! We wuv U sew mulch!!!! ENNA

Tisra said...

Congrats, family of three, for being together for 7 months! This is, indeed, a neat time and I'm certain that the Lord has knit and tangled and glued your hearts together in such a tight way that it hardly seems possible he ever lived anywhere else!

Unknown said...

aaaaaawwwww!!!!
that is the sweetest note if i ever did see one!!!
And your right he is!!!