Custom Search

Sunday, February 10, 2008

R U Chinese?



This morning at church, Reed was excited to find out that Mary Catherine and her mom had extended care. We were glad that they realized we had a camera in the diaper bag. We always put the camera in the diaper bag, but no one ever takes any pictures with it.



We also had extended care this morning. We were thrilled when our children's minister, Shannon, told us that we were going to have the oldest group! We do not like the three-year-old class, but the 4's and 5's were SO much fun! They actually can sit down and do crafts. It was great.



Tonight, towards the end of Worship KidStyle, I went to pick up Reed from the nursery. I brought him downstairs and the kids were getting ready to leave. One little girl ran up to me and said, "Why does his pacifier have a Chinese word on it." I explained to her that Reed was from Taiwanese. She then looked at me with a puzzled look on her face and said, "Are you Chinese?"

I nearly cracked up, but I explained to her that Reed was adopted. That thrilled her beyond all belief and she began bringing kids over to tell them about Reed.



One thing about Sunday morning, means that naps are non-existent. Look at how sleepy Reed and his best friend Britton were? We went to lunch with the Batson's today, but both of the boys were so tired that they were asleep during most of our lunch. That's okay, because unfortunately Old Navy is having a good sale on Summer clothes, so Abbey and Tamara have plans to take it by storm! (I am praying that it is a really small storm!)

in other news, I did our taxes yesterday. I usually get really angry and tense while I am doing our taxes, but yesterday, I did them with ease. It was so exciting, because in case you don't realize it, the US government really helps adoptive families out. Of course, we all know that in the long run, the government really profits from us bringing a new little American into the country.

Now, it's time to start planning for this week.

1. LAUNDRY!
2. Cleaning the house.
3. Getting ready for Reed's birthday.
4. Going on a Valentine's date with Abbey (of course, we're going on Tuesday night to avoid the crowds!)

______________________

The 5 Month Letter

To My Dearest Son,

Can words describe how amazing you are? I am not sure I even know where to begin. You have changed so much this month. You got two new teeth and even took your first steps. You are so proud of your teeth and we are certainly loving that beautiful smile of yours! You are amazing and with each that passes I love you even more.

Sometimes when I have to work late or for some reason I don't get home until after you are asleep, I sneak into your room. I quietly and gently pick you up out of your bed and rock you. I love to pray for you and I love to tell you how much you are loved.

Some people have described you as the most loved baby ever. I hope that you will always feel that you are loved and wherever you go, there are people who love you. I can guarantee you, that as you travel through this life you will always be able to know that your mommy and I love you so much!

I can't believe that 5 months ago today you came into our lives. It feels like you have always been a part of us.

I love, love, love you, dada

4 comments:

theglenns556 said...

We leave our camera in Jonah's Diaper bag too. Every now and then, some one takes pictures for us. Isn't that a great surprise??

LaLa said...

ha ha..that is awesome. Hey, it depends on who you ask I guess...if you ask a Chinese person they would say that he IS Chinese LOL

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of our boys! Hope Reed is feeling better! Tamara

Anonymous said...

How do you think the 3-year old class feels?? I can agree, though with a former 3-year old running around my house! They don't warn you about 3s just the 2s, which are nowhere near as bad!