Custom Search

Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Pallet



Reed woke up early this morning. Which shouldn't be a surprise because the only day he sleeps late is the only day he can't sleep late, which would be Sunday morning.



Reed was confused and kept looking out the window because he knew that Daddy was supposed to be home on Saturday. Unfortunately for him, I had to work today and didn't get home until 2:30!



When I got home, Reed was asleep on his pallet. I think one of our blog "reed"ers was a little confused by the word "pallet" yesterday. While, it is true, that there are wooden "pallets" used for transporting cargo, that is not what we were referring to. We make a pallet out of an afghan and roll it for a little pillow for him.

Does anyone out there know where to get a little baby pillow? Reed needs one because he loves to sleep on a pillow, but I have heard that they are not safe for babies. Is there something we could get for him for his baby bed?



After I got home, of course, I picked Reed up and let him lay down with me for a while. While we were napping, Abbey was working very hard cleaning up the house. She's been a cleaning machine this week. She was also in need of some "just get out of the house time" so we headed to eat at Demo's with Nana and Putty Sprinkles, and then we went to Target.

7 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Our oldest son's "lovie" was/is a travel size pillow with a travel size blue pillow case. It's still his favorite comfort item although he has used a regular size pillow for many years now.

I got them at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

If you see Reed becoming attached to his little pillow, you might want to stock up on both the pillow and the cases. They'll come in handy later!

Em said...

Don't let anyone make negative comments about Reed napping on a pallet instead of in his crib. His ability to do this will make his transition from crib to "big boy" bed MUCH easier!! Also, about a pillow...it is unsafe for an infant to have a pillow in the bed, but since Reed is old enough to roll over on his own, the pillow does not pose a substantial hazard. Caden LOVES his pillow...he even has one sewn into his mat at school. If you continue to have trouble finding one, we have LOTS at AA, and I would be more than happy to mail you a couple.

April said...

Ha! My husband had never heard of a pallet (the kind with blankets tht you sleep on) until he married me! That's funny!

Jennifer Walker said...

Too cute, I wish I could get my Emily to sleep good on a pallet for a nap. As far as the pillow goes, I don't know. I just this is the cutest thing, him sleeping on a pallet. Hope you had a great Sunday worshiping.

Anonymous said...

You can find kids sized pillows at www.onestepahead.com. They even have pillow cases that fit them. My daughter who is now eight still loves hers.

Anonymous said...

Reed's pallet looks quite comfy! And he is just too adorably innocent sleeping there!

I picked up some travel sized pillows for $4 just before Christmas at our local Wal-Mart in the craft/sewing area in the same area where they stock sofa throw pillows. My kids love these little rectangular pillows that look just like a regular pillows but are about a third the size.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff, Abbey and Reed,
Enna would get a kick out of making Reed some cute embroidered Pillow cases. I have also seen them at Wal Mart. I just love seeing him sleep on his afghan that I crocheted for him. I also think that it was one that BeMaw had started and I finished. Love you all. Enna