Custom Search

Friday, February 22, 2008

Our New Hobby



We got home late last night from the Davidson's and we didn't want to wake Reed up to put him in his jammies. We decided that he would be okay in this onesie and the striped socks. What a combo, eh?



Anyone venture to guess what he is looking at?



Mommy worked tonight, so after a nap when I got home from work, Reedo and I headed to the CFH for some supper and a quick visit with Mommy.



Mommy was a little busy, so she didn't get to spend a lot of time with us. As you can see, Reed was not thrilled with this.



Katie is one of the hostesses there and she is also an AVID blog reader. It's about time she made the blog.

________________ NOW FOR THE TITLE __________________

I'm a pretty thrifty guy, well, actually I love to find a good deal. A few weeks ago, one of my coworkers told me about Extra Credit Bucks from CVS. The Web site that she sent me explained how to score great deals at different stores. So, for the past few weeks, Reed and I have headed to CVS to scour the aisles for the best deals around. Tonight we scored big time because we left with $30.00 of ECBs to use next week!

CVS also had great deals this week on diapers, which we have found you can never have too many!

The Web site for learning how to get good deals is Money Saving Mom. Unfortunately, it seems that only women are into getting good deals, but for a guy whose a little into structure and organization, it's pretty great to be able to do this.

When we were in Seminary, I used to get all of the grocery ads and figure out who had the best deals on everything we needed. Then I would also find some splurge items that might be good deals. I would circle each item in the sale flier and then also write it down on my shopping list. I would then go to Wal-Mart and they would match all of the prices. Needless to say, sometimes there were some grumpy people behind me, but hey, we made it through Seminary debt-free and we lived on a grocery budget of $35.00 a week. And yes, that includes ALL cleaning supplies, detergents, toothpaste, etc.

Lately, I've been missing that FUN that I had and I have decided to take over the grocery shopping again. Abbey was more than willing to give me this post. Since we're now back on a tight grocery budget, it only makes sense that we would start clipping coupons and working our way through the sale fliers once more.

Tomorrow, we are hoping to score some big deals at the best consignment sale in our area, Encores and More. We're hoping to find lots of cute Gymboree outfits for a great price.

1 comment:

Em said...

I am all about some CVS!!! And you should see my coupon binder!!