Custom Search

Friday, February 29, 2008

Mommy's Day

Today was Mommy's Day. That's not to say that she didn't do anything, we just tried to give her a few minutes to do some things that she wanted to do.



That meant that at 6:00 AM when Reed woke up for the fifth time last night, Daddy got up with him. That is fine since I really didn't sleep that well last night. Reed has a bit of an ear infection, so it was a tough night for all of us I think.



Reed began to get sleepy around 8:00 and since I am still bumming it, I laid down with him. He only slept about an hour, but that got him ready to play for a little while. Abbey got ready while I watched Reed. She was also working on some new recipes.



Since I am feeling well enough that I can finally help take care of the bambino, I suggested that Abbey go and get her a manicure and pedicure for all of her wonderful efforts this week at getting us better. (Lola financed the mani and pedi as a Valentine's gift. I guess mine got lost in the mail, eh, Lola? ;-)



While Mama was gone, Reed practiced walking for a while and then he went to sleep again. He had a good nap and then woke up ready for lunch. I had planned to sneak out with Reed to Kroger and buy Abbey some flowers while she was gone, but I realized that she had my wallet.



What was I to do? I realized that I shouldn't really be out in public just yet anyway, so I called Abbey and told her my intentions and then asked her to stop at Publix and buy some flowers. They usually have much prettier flowers anyway. I think that Abbey was thankful that I was thinking of her, but it was a rather unconventional way of giving your most loved one flowers.



When Mama got home we had to get to work, well, she got to work. Reed got to get a rare daytime glance at his girlfriend Bisselletta. I croaked some cheesy love songs as he admired her deep metallic blue tan. Seriously, I don't know why the boy loves vacuums so much, but maybe he is going to be the inventor of the next great vacuum. Move over Dyson!


We had to get to work because Nana and Putty Sprinkles were coming over for supper. Abbey tried four new recipes from her new favorite blog The Pioneer Woman Cooks. While this may seem not to fit into your plans of "Mommy's Day," cooking and hostessing is one of Abbey's favorite activities.



Reed tried giving Putty Sprinkles his stopper, but Putty isn't feeling great, so it probably wouldn't have been a good idea. We had a great supper and it was wonderful for Abbey to get to visit with Mrs. Sheila.



The flower selection at Publix wasn't great, in fact Abbey said she wish she would have bought some at Wal-Mart. Abbey chose some tulips and snap-dragons. I arranged them the best I could, but I've never really worked with just tulips and snapdragons. They are pretty though.

No comments: