Custom Search

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Miss Candace turns 30!



This is one of our new buys from Gymboree yesterday. It's hard to see, but you can try to see how SPIKY his hair was today. The new gel does as promised and keeps the hair stickin' straight up!

The sweater had a few stains on it by the time that we came home from church, so we had to take it off and let Spray'n Wash do its magic.



We didn't go to church tonight because Miss Candace was celebrating her 30th birthday at a local skating rink. Of course, we had to go.

Reed thought that the skating rink was incredible! He was thrilled with all of the lights and the loud music.



I was able to take Reed on several trips around the skating floor before the DJ kindly reminded parents that for the safety of the little ones, please do not skate around with babies. He might as well have said, "Hey Dude with the kid, get off the floor," because I was the only one out there with a baby. I was being very safe and I am a really good skater, so I was not really that worried.



Reed loved watching the people skate around the rink. He was so into the moving lights, it was hilarious.



This morning, the Sunday School kids made a huge sign for Miss Candace. We even practiced saying, "Man your old!' for when Miss Candace came into Sunday School. One of the girls went out of the room and came in pretending to be Miss Candace so that when she came in we would be ready. It was a lot fun.

Miss Candace had a great 30th birthday party. It was a lot fun.



A bunch of people from my work were there at the party. Reed had a lot of fun with Mrs. Shirley. Of course, she completely won his heart when she got him a balloon. As you can see, he was all smiles tonight at the party.



Do we make a handsome family or what?

Happy Birthday Miss Candace! We hope that you have many, many more!

6 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

You need to take Reed to the Springfield Skating Center. There you can skate your little guy around to your heart's content! Hey, you can even do the limbo with him -- if you dare!

theglenns556 said...

Man...I am so stinkin' impressed that you can not only skate but you can do it holding a one year old! My ability to skate left when I turned 20!!!

Stacy said...

It was fun hanging out with you guys! I am glad I finally got to meet Reed, it was kinda like I'd known him for months though - probably not for him but for me! It was so neat to see him walking all over the place, what a cutie.

Tish said...

Great photos! Glad you had a fun time!!!

Baylee's Mommy said...

Hi! So my name is Shonda and I (amoung MANY others) view your blog daily. We have a mutal friend (Nicki Glenn). Her husband is the pastor at my parents church in Louisiana (where I too am from). My husband, daughter and myself live in Gallatin and I was wondering where you and your family attend church?? We have been to First Baptist of Hendersonville and College Heights in Gallatin but are not members.

Candace said...

Hey! Thanks for helping me celebrate my birthday! It won't be long until Reed will be able to skate all by himself. I love my gift! You all are the greatest!