Custom Search

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Don't Hate Me Cause I'm Beautiful



Oh my goodness, does Reed not have the most amazing ability to make his clothes look cute? Abbey got this hat out for him to take to Mother's Day Out with him, because that was one of the supplies each child is requested to bring.



Reed had a great time at MDO. I think that it hurt his Mommy's feelings a little bit because he didn't even seem to care that she was leaving. I didn't think that he would have too much trouble because he is just like that with me when I drop him off for Sunday School.



I was thinking that MDO was probably not going to be very structured because it is a small program in a rural church. It's also only $10.00 a day, so I really didn't expect much. I certainly didn't expect that Reed would be "taught" anything. Reed came home with several worksheets and and a new book. I am sure that teachers were well-meaning, so I don't mind that his worksheets were about 3 years above his age level, but I have seen MANY MDO's that were strictly glorified babysitting. That being said, I am quite pleased with the experience.



After MDO, Reed had his one-year-old doctor's visit. He got to see Stacy who is actually a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and is Abbey's favorite person at the clinic. Reportedly, Reed did really well throughout the visit, however, he was not a fan of getting his ears checked out nor was he a fan of the three immunizations or toe prick. Mommy, who was thinking quickly, promised Reed a balloon if he would settle down. That must have worked, because that's all he said the rest of the time at the Doc's office.



True to her word, Mommy stopped by Dollar Tree on the way home and bought Reed a star balloon. So, for the rest of the evening, he carried around his non-floating yellow balloon and his new balloon. I told him that I thought it was a little greedy to hang on to his balloons so tightly.

Here are some of Reed's battle wounds.





Here is his report card from school.



I have slept all day. Mommy cleaned the whole house and it is sparkling. I don't feel any better, so I am going to stay home again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tish said...

Cute hat! We get our ballons at Dollar Tree, too! SO glad Reed had a good time at MDO...Matthew ould have CRIED!!!