Custom Search

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Special Guests!



Reed woke up this morning at 6:45ish. My plan on Saturdays when Reed wakes up is to get him immediately and bring him to our bed, in hopes that he will fall back asleep. No such luck this morning, he was literally climbing the headboard. Around 7:05 though, he sort of dropped his head. I took this as he's getting sleepy and laid him down between Abbey and me. Sure enough, after about 3 minutes he was asleep. Abbey and I followed suit and at 10 until 9:00, he woke up! Woohoo! We sort of slept late.



Some of our dearest friends came for a visit today. Wes and Abbie were friends of ours in Texas and amazingly, they were called to a church in Jackson, TN shortly after we moved to the Nashvegas area. We were beyond thrilled! They were in town for a little getaway, so we had the pleasure of their visit.



Reed was totally into Mr. Wes. Mr. Wes is the Equipping Pastor at Fellowship Jackson, and he is also a genius, so one day, he and Reed will have to have deep theological discussions.



For now, Reed is teaching Mr. Wes what a drumstick is.



Unfortunately, this is the best picture I got of Mrs. Abbie with Reed. So, we have Abbey (Mama), Reed, and then Abbie. Wes and I served on staff together at a small church in Texas, so it was pretty unique to have two staff wives named Abbey(ie).

Okay, so now, I haven't done this in a while, but I have to have a little rant.

Please, Mr. Hollywood, give the writers whatever it is that they want. I am guessing it is money. The problem is, I am being way too productive since there is nothing to watch on TV. I have been reduced to watching CMT!!!

So, here's what I have done so far this weekend. Swiffered (dry and wet) the kitchen, living room, and bedroom, vacuumed the upstairs, cleaned 2.5 bathrooms, put our pottery/Gail Pittman out over our cabinets, hung a curtain panel, cleaned Abbey's van, got the garage clear for Abbey to park in it, hung a couple of crosses on the cross wall, and hung our stained-glass crosses in our bedroom.

Now here is what I have seen on TV since the strikes.

1. 1 vs. 100
2. Truth (a show on fox where you have to tell the truth)
3. My Big Redneck Wedding (on CMT, I'll probably start watching this regularly)
4. Gone Country (A reality show on CMT that occurs in Nashville. Side note: the house where they are staying is right down the street from where I used to serve as Children's Minister)
5. Miss America Reality Check (I know, PATHETIC!)
6. Miss America (This is going to be another RANT, but Miss America is RAUNCHY. I thought they used to be role models for women. Now, they walk out in skimpy bikinis and do all kinds of funky dances and walk silly. Supposedly, according to No. 5 on this list, they were trying to recreate Miss America by making her a modern day woman. Well, the talent portion was still very old fashioned but that is about it. The elimination method seems cruel and harsh.)
7. Trading Spaces (I'm excited about this one, since Paige Davis is BACK!)

I guess until Writer's Strike is over, we are going to be watching a lot of Iron Chef America, Food Network, TLC, and HGTV!

I'm thinking our productivity around the house is going to increase as the strike continues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss America absolutely STUNK this year! As long as I've been alive, I've never missed one. Even when I was a baby, a newborn baby, mom made sure I was exposed. I don't think I'll ever watch it again!

The Moment Of Truth is absolutely retarded.

I watched one episode of Miss America Reality Check, and it was stupid as well.

I've very excited about Trading Spaces. Gotta love Paige Davis!

I'm not much for any of those kinds of shows. I think I'll stick to all of my crime dramas...

Tess

Anonymous said...

I have to add to my former comment.

1. Where is that country show being filmed? If it's right down the road from the church, then it's right down the road from me, and my obvservational skills need to be worked on a bit!

2. I am horridly disgusted that I live in a town where a show called "Get Country" is filmed. I'm moving. "Daddy! Start packing! We officially live in a back-woods town!"