Custom Search

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Will He Ever Meet a Stranger?

We had a long ride back from Mississippi today! We went by Enna and Poppy's church so that they could show off Reed. It was fun because they were SO excited to meet him.

When we made it to Grenada, Reed had awoken from his nap. We decided to stop at McAlister's so that Reed could have a little out of the carseat time and so that we could feed him in a high chair! I ordered and Abbey went to find a seat and feed Reed.

When I got there, Reed was completely enthralled with everything, especially the nice lady sitting behind us.



Abbey tried feeding Reed, I tried feeding Reed, but to no avail. Finally, we turned him around and let the lady Reed was so interested in him, feed him!

They were a really nice couple, and she actually graduated from the same college we did.



They call themselves Ganna Gumps and Gumpy to their grandchildren. When he was done eating his carrots, she said, "What's next?" so, I handed her Reed's fruit and he gobbled it up. Then, of course, Reed was held by both Ganna Gumps and Gumpy.

They were so kind! Of course, that leads us to wonder, when will Reed not go freely to a stranger. I mean, I want him to be a people person, but I also want him to be cautious.



Yesterday, Reed was in someone's arms and he reached for Abbey. That was a good sign. It was neat to see that even though he doesn't get to see them very often, he really loves to be held by his grandparents, aunts, and uncles!



Tonight begins "Baby Detox" (i.e. unspoiling the baby). So far, he has cried for 20 minutes because he wanted to be held instead of sleep in his bed by himself. Let's see what the next step will be.

At 5:00 AM we being "Daddy Detox" (i.e. I have to go back to work). It sure has been nice to spend the past week with my two favorite people in the whole wide world and the rest of our family, but I think I need a vacation from vacation. I will be happy to see a manuscript to mark up in the morning. I think my muscles and joints will like it too, as opposed to lifting boxes, etc.

2 comments:

ava and brookie said...

I'm glad he liked his bulldog! I'm so glad that we got to spend time with all of you this week!! I can't wait until Christmas!

Tish said...

matthew was about reed's age when all of the sudden he developed stranger anxiety (not good timing for the holidays when everyone wants to hold him)...but it happened just as the doctor said it would. however, matthew has never had a babysitter so that is osmething we need to change ASAP....i think that reed is probably just used to having lots of different people around. be glad!!!