Custom Search

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Reed's First Thanksgiving

Today is Reed's first Thanksgiving and our first as a family. It's hard to put into words all that we have to be thankful for this year! I am sure that we all-to-often take for granted all that we are thankful for, but I am hoping that this year, our family will be graciously remembering the precious gifts of this year.



Reed's first Thanksgiving started this morning around 2:00 AM, then again around 2:45, again at 6:00 AM (when he got in our bed), and finally really started at 7:20ish AM. Our Thanksgiving also started at the above mentioned times, however, we woke up earlier than Bubber for Abbey to shower and for me to beat the Thanksgiving rush to the carwash. Yes, at 6:45 this morning I was vacuuming out the ole Town & Country!



We did our morning duties and were in the van heading for Lola and Pop Rox's house by 8:19 AM. We stopped briefly for our favorite breakfast stop, Hardee's and were on our way in no time, arriving around 11:45 AM to smiling faces ready to greet us, or should I say, "ready to greet (and grab) Reed."



Reed travelled well for the most part. He slept well thanks to some Christmas Kenny G and when we were getting close everything started unraveling so we threw in some Auntie D (his favorite Mandisa CD). We had a delicious Thanksgiving feast prepared by Lola shortly after arriving.



After lunch, it was time for Thanksgiving naptime. I slept the longest followed by Reed and Lola.



Tonight, Abbey and I snuck to a movie while Lola and Pop Rox put Reed to bed. We saw August Rush. We HIGHLY recommend it. It was wonderful and very clean language-wise.

Tomorrow, Reed will meet his great-grandmother Mimi Drake and his great-grandfather Papa Land. He will also go to see his Aunt Ava (who I think may be a little excited that he is coming). Then, on Saturday, he will go to Enna and Poppy's to stay and we will attend Uncle Trae's (and Aunt Amy) wedding. He also gets to meet Uncle Bobby, Aunt Alyson, and his 1st cousin Joshi.

Now, I would be remiss if I didn't make a short-list of things that I am thankful for tonight.

1. My salvation and my God, may I never take Him for granted. He has so wonderfully provided for us this year as we journeyed into parenthood, providing the finances, patience, love, and support that are necessary at each moment.
2. My wife, my best friend and mother of my son.
3. My precious little boy, as Christmas grows near I feel that I am closely identifying with Joseph this year. Fathering a most-loved little boy who was brought into my life by a Divine miracle.
4. My family, this week we're able to spend time with our family and it is so wonderful to see Reed with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.
5. My friends, both from work and life, ones who I've never met, and ones who I seldom get to spend time with. Each have a special place in my life.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Happy 1st Thanksgiving Reed! It was Kobi's too:) However he was not as pleasant in the car ride as you... he didnt think to highly of it today.

*Also we have that same "doggy-hat". Isnt that funny?? LOL! Glad to see that Reed leaves his alone:)