Custom Search

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Reed's Faux Hawk



When Reed got his haircut last week, his mom was sure to get him a little "hair" product. Since that time, mommy has enjoyed "styling" Reed's hair.



Today Reed got a Faux Hawk. For those of you who don't know what that is (and believe me, I know there are some of you out there!), a faux hawk is a FAUX mohawk. It's what all the stylish dudes are wearing. Maybe Mommy will give Reed and me a faux hawk one day.



This one is just cute. It doesn't really show the faux!



Reed is trying this new thing where he bends over to pick things up. Most of the time, he ends up on his bottom though!



He loves his ball!




He is such a cutie! Tonight was the first time that something happened that people warned us would happen. One of our elderly neighbors was out and he loves Reed. He had some company over and apparently he had told them all about Reed. Well, the lady looked at him and commented how cute he was. She then said, "He doesn't even hardly have slanty eyes. He almost looks like he's an American."

I thanked her for her "kind" comments and pointed out that he was, in fact, American.

11 comments:

R... said...

Is it really possible that he is getting cuter every day?? :-)

Anonymous said...

Jeff, you are a MESS!!!! Reed is sooo cute and I cannot wait to see him on Sunday. I just hope that he will love me like I love him. Only a grandmother would be up at 2:00 in the morning ?????? checking out Reed's latest adventures. Love all of you, Enna

Emma said...

Wooh! Nice hair, very stylish!

Anonymous said...

. . . . and one of the cutest of all Americans I must say!!! Can it be possible that he's soon to be 9 months old?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that my cute little American nephew loves the ball we gave him! :) He's going to play every type of ball there is- don't worry Brookie will help you out. I just learned what 1st and 10 means. Sports are much more interesting when you know what is going on.

April said...

My name is April. I work at LifeWay. I talked with Jeff at the craft fair about your blog and let him know we are in the process of adopting from Vietnam...just to preface my comment so you will know where I'm coming from :o)

Love the faux hawk! He is sooo cute!

We are trying to prepare ourselves for the very same things. It is going to be easier when they are younger to deflect comments like you guys got. Our biggest area of concern is when Marlee is older and people say things like that. We will want so badly to have the right thing to say to set a good example for Marlee but educate others on the topic as well.

RamblingMother said...

I think his eyes are perfectly slanty for an American. He is adorable.

Beverly

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! All the football players on Sam's team have real mohawks-they need to compare heads!

Rebecca Lily said...

I'm lovin' the faux-hawk on Reed. He is definitely a stylin' man... I wish Grant had more hair so I could play with some fun do's!!

I'm half-annoyed and half-amused by that lady's comment (as I am with the ones that are directed my way, most times). It's amazing how many comments we've gotten already... and we're not even home with our baby yet!! I would imagine someday, we are in for quite a few more - plus some stares - with our troupe of 4 bio kids and 1 "slanty-eyed" American!!

LaLa said...

Love the faux hawk! Unfortunately, you will get these types of comments and I find it is harder when the person is "sweet and well meaning" otherwise you could just punch them LOL

William's Family said...

Ouch! What a terrible thing for her to say, well-intended or not. Times like this, we really need to cling to Christ's example and force ourselves with every ounce of strength to not retaliate. You handled the situation better than I ever would have.