Custom Search

Saturday, September 08, 2007

We're In Taiwan!!!

Okay, so this is going to be a little hard to post as all the words are in Chinese, but I am going to try.



Here we are on the plane! Make sure that you fly Evergreen Deluxe. It is well worth the extra money for the space and the amenities! Man, you should see how far those seats recline! It's incredible. The flight attendants were all very kind.



The plane was huge. Some of the cargo included on the plane traveling to Taiwan with us was a full-size car! That was pretty incredible to me.

The flight was long, but it wasn't bad. I finally got to see Ocean's 13. Every time I woke up the same movies were playing, so apparently I would sleep through the other ones. Abbey was the only person who had trouble sleeping. The meals were pretty good. The first snack scared me though. It included rice cakes wrapped in seaweed.



Most of the signs have English written below them. This was great!



We made it through security. Now on to luggage. The big question ... Will our luggage actually be there!

And the answer.



Yes! All five checked pieces made it to Taiwan.

Now, will our guide Fion be here?



Yes, see JOH sign, that's her!

Now, will our hotel room be right?



NO! We apparently had a miscommunication with the hotel reservation staff and their version of "suite" is not our version of "suite." So, now, we are in a different room and everyone has a place to sleep.

Just a minor mishap.



We've got our schedule for tomorrow. We are going to go to the market, a shrine, and the National Palace Museum.

Good News: We are to meet the birthmother!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!!!! SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for posting so devoutly. It helps!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm so happy that you are all there safely! I've already checked the blog 10 times this morning. I'm glad you will meet the birthmother- that will be a very special moment. I can't wait to see pictures of ya'll with Reed! Love you and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks chipper and very excited. Glad the flight was good. The rest is a piece of cake, huh? We're counting the hours to see Reed as he becomes an American citizen at touchdown!!!

shelley said...

Whew...glad everything turned out ok.

shelley said...

I dont' see any of my previous posts...are you not wanting me to comment any longer?? I really have enjoyed your journey...it helps my waiting go easier. Just asking...unsure of what happened.

shelley smith
dssmith1014@suddenlink.net
www.letsgototaiwan.blogspot.

Sherry said...

Say HELLO to Fion for us! She was our traveling guide too & that is great news about the BM. I cant wait to see you with THE REED! LOL! Be Safe!

Jane said...

Glad that y'all made it safely. I bet Monday seems so far off...just remember how far you all have come! 24 hours is nothing compared to the last several months and years! Have fun being a tourist tomorrow. Make sure you try to be at least a little adventuresome. Don't eat at McDonald's and Pizza Hut for every meal! :) My parents are here with me, and my mom is really disappointed that your hotel room doesn't have a squatty potty!

Ginger said...

How exciting!! I love that you're still posting from the "road"!

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Yahoo! So exciting to follow your journey. Hope everyone gets some sleep and gets adjusted quickly to the time difference. Great news that Reed's birthmother wants to meet you! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.