Custom Search

Sunday, September 09, 2007

She's Nesting Again! & Shh!!! Don't Tell!



Anyone who's followed Landlife for any length of time knows that I ALWAYS have a Sunday afternoon nap. Well, this Sunday was to be no different. We were so tired after market shopping and the martyrs shrine, I wanted to come take a quick nap.

Abbey on the otherhand had other plans!

It was time for some nesting!



Remember the days when we went to the Bed and Breakfast and lived from the suitcase. Our clothes landed where they did and we shoved everything into the suitcase on the way out the door. Well, apparently for us, those days have gone. Mommy Abbey has gone into full-fledged mommy mode!



The baby tub is inflated and as you can see, his linens are placed by the side of the tub.

Before reading any further on this blog, please raise your right hand and repeat after me. "I, __________ (insert name here), promise not to tell Mommy Abbey what I am about to read or see."

If you repeated that promise, you may scroll forward.

As you all know, we had a pendant made to match Abbey's diamond earrings. We had the center stone with Amethyst, Reed's birthstone. What you don't know is that I had a pendant made for Abbey too!



Now, Reed's birthmom will have a yellow gold pendant and Abbey's is white gold. I think that it will be a great thing for Reed to be able to see one like the one that his birthmother has.



I put it on the chain with Abbey's circle of love pendant I gave her for our fifth anniversary last year.



Now, the pendant is draped over Abbey's glasses so, hopefully she will notice it in the morning when she wakes up. If she doesn't, then there's a chance she will see it for the first time on the blog. As you all know, Abbey is nearly impossible to surprise, so tonight when I got ready to set all this up, I noticed she was WEARING the necklace.

I reminded her and she put it right on the table beside her. So, I've had to be a little sneaky. Okay, that's all for tonight. We're now about 12 hours away from meeting baby boy.

7 comments:

Maria said...

I'm finally caught up. Seems like from Friday when I read until today (Sunday) you guys have been BUSY!! I have really enjoyed all the stories and photos. I feel like I'm there with you!! And while all that's nice, I can't wait until tonight (tomorrow? I'm confused with this time change) until we see Reed. Was so glad to see the Starbucks and to know they really ARE civilized there. :-)

HUGS!!!

Maria

The Manning Family said...

I cannot tell you how excited I am for y'all! I've been checking everyday and am so glad that you're posting while overseas. Thanks so much for keeping us in the know. I cannot wait for tomorrow's post (or later today--never been too good with time zones!) :) I cannot wait to see y'all with Reed. Best of luck to you and God bless you all!

PS LOVE the jewelry you've had made. It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Abbey, could there BE a more better husband than yours?! How thoughtful and touching.

Have fun picking up Reed!

Tisra said...

Great surprise- I don't know a girl who wouldn't love it! You guys are really there and REAL Reed is so very close! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Tisra
waiting for referral since April 2007, FFC
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We are so excited and anticipating ya'lls first family picture on the blog!

Em said...

That necklace is GORGEOUS!!!! She's gonna love it! You're so good, Jeff. I'm so excited for y'all!

Anonymous said...

Alright now I do have the tears flowing. What a beautiful necklace. Love, MOM