Custom Search

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Reed Meets Britton!



When Daddy came home from work today, he was very sleepy. He started looking like he was going to lay down for a nap and mommy said, "I hope that you don't think that you're going to take a nap." To which I replied, "I guess not."



Daddy noticed that Reed was a little sleepy looking, so he thought, "If I take him for a ride in the stroller, he'll take a nap." That worked, but not after the stroller ride stopped.



Reed was so excited that his best friend Britton was coming over that he could not take a long nap. Well, actually, our great little napper in Taiwan is not a great little napper here in America.



But that doesn't really matter, because Daddy loves his little boy and he can stay awake to play with him, even if he is sleepy! I seem to recall a post where Mommy took a picture of Daddy before baby was here and it was titled, "Daddy's last nap." I guess I didn't get the message.

(By the way Tessa, the picture of the hat will come, give us a minute!)



Reed's best friend Britton came over tonight and it was nice to finally get them to meet each other! They were never in the same happy mood at the same time for a very long time, but there were a few moments when they enjoyed wearing their sunglasses!



It really didn't last long, though! It was alright, because it was good to get to see Britton's mommy and daddy. Plus, they brought Chick-fil-A! It's the first time that we've had it since we've been home.



Here are the mommies with the babies. Notice, Reed's mommy has a cute new haircut! She's trying to lead by example, hoping that Daddy will hurry up and get his mop trimmed.

And now for the cutest picture of the day!



Reed's Aunt Jean brought Reed this cute elephant towel! Isn't it great?

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes, the elephant towel is very cute... and I spy Gymboree froggies that have a huge cuteness factor as well!

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Abbey, Please keep the pictures coming. This will probably be a long post. First, ABBEY, I LOVE your HAIR and you look like you feel great!!! I was able to carry around photo ALBUMS FULL of pictures thanks to the BLOG and being able to upload the pictures to WalGreens. I now have to send in some more to add to the 66 I just sent in. I love the Britton pictures, the elephant towel, but most especially the doctor visit and the shredded paper on the table. That was so precious. Several have asked what we would like for them to get us for our "Grandparent's Shower".......I know the answer now.....Walgreen photo shop gift certificates....Alright, how many times can a granny show her pictures. I went to the HINDS Ballgame tonight for the retirement of Anna Bee, and I even made a point of pulling out Reed's picture no more than about 30 times and that was before we ever made it into the gate. I did not perform with the alumni and a lady sitting behind me asked,"WHY???" I told her that I am kicking for someone else now and pulled out Reed's picture. Will it not be fun when we can show off Reed and Joshi's pictures?????? Jeff, you have got to get Bobby into this Blog thing. When we pulled into the driveway, would you BELIEVE that daddy had the gall to ask if one of the albums were HIS????? We love all of you and are so glad that we get to keep up with REED and all that you are doing. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhh baby's bathtime--just about the sweetest time of all, and when you have an elephant towel, that makes it even sweeter! There must be something in the Springfield air because I don't know of anyone anywhere else that just keeps getting more handsome every day!

Tisra said...

Awww. Abbey, you look great with the new haircut and the "mommy glow". Happy family pics- love it! Your journey has made me believe that this all really will happen at some point. I trust in God's timing for our child, but a bit of impatience creeps in when I see Reed's cuteness displayed all over the internet. What a sweetie!

RamblingMother said...

He is so cute. Love the sunglasses.
beverly

Jason and Leslie said...

cool new layout!!

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Love the elephant towel! Lauren has a bunny one.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jeff. I have been waiting very anxiouisly, as you can tell. That kid is so darn cute!!!!!!! I'm LOVIN' Abbey's haircut. It's cute.

Anonymous said...

Reed,
How adorable you look in the elephant towel! In fact, you look cute in anything Mom and Dad put on you! You are so precious! Abbey ... love your new haircut .... you look great! Jeff, you look great, too ... parenthood is becoming!
Love, Aunt Jean