Custom Search

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ohana

My favorite line from Lilo and Stitch (yes, I have a favorite line from Lilo and Stitch, doesn't everyone?), is the one about Ohana! "Ohana means family, and no one gets left behind!"



Reed had another good night. I guess I should type is "having" a good night, because only Daddy is awake. He is awake for a two-fold reason. 1. I am always awake at 5:00 in the morning and 2. I know there is an Enna, Poppy, and Aunt Ava who will be emailing me shortly if they don't see some new pictures.

Reed awoke at 12:00 midnight for his "nightly wake-up." He went to sleep at 7:00 and slept for 5 hours. He didn't wake up scared or winey, just hungry and wet. He did get pretty upset with our "speed" though. Apparently, at midnight when you wake up, you want to be simultaneously diaper changed and fed and there is no time to wait to mix the bottle! He let us slide though on account he loves us so much.

He had a little trouble going back down so we let him lay by Daddy for a few minutes until he went to sleep. I moved him. He rolls alot and the little crib here in the hotel is not big enough for him to make complete circles. He is alot like his Uncle Bobby when it comes to moving around while asleep!

He banged his head around 3:40 and we moved him into bed with us. (NOTICE, I know that some of you are thinking, yeah, he said, he'd never do that!) As soon as he got in, he stretched his arms so that he could touch both of us. That is why I title this post Ohana and why I exposed you to my manly chest! (For which I am truly sorry! But, you had to see the pic.)

Here are some other pictures of the roly poly!











Mrs. Lisa, you have not commented and I know you are reading this blog! Reed loves his blankie!





We've gotten many comments about this pic, so I wanted to revive it really quickly. When we got our referral for Reedo, Abbey's mom gave her this bracelet. It has only been off to go through airport security (believe me, I know it's not been off because I've been hit in the middle of the night with it -- it seems the roly poly gets it naturally!).

The bracelet has "Be still and know that I am God." So, it was a cute picture but from us, it was our little almost 7 month theologian reminding us, to just trust God. He does take care of the details, if we will let him.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay how funny...I click on the blog- no new pictures. I go and email you to put new pics up and then go back to the blog and they are up!

Elena said...

Wow... this is soo cool!

Your LifeWay family is squealing daily. We love our morning dosages of Reed! We miss you all and can't wait to see lil' fuzzhead!!

The picture of Reed's touching Abbey's bracelet, is just priceless. I'm going to make it my new desktop image--->to remind me to be still and know that He is God.

~Elena~ (aka Andi H.)

Yoli said...

What beautiful tender pictures.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ava is right!!! I sit on my computer and look for new pictures. These are absolutely priceless. I love the one of Abbey and Reed and that precious finger pointing at her. WOW!!! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Ava and Enna aren't the only ones who are waiting for new pictures!! I never dreamed you would be able to blog so much on your trip. We have enjoyed going along with you to get our Reed.

Jason and Leslie said...

Abbey, Jeff, and Reed: Jason and I are so excited about watching this wonderful experience progress. I'm sorry I haven't written sooner but please know that all of you have been in my thoughts and prayers continuously since you left. I thought I was going to burst waiting to see you two holding him for the first time. Even Ella was moving like crazy while we were looking at those first pics. She was excited too!!! I am so glad to see the bond you two already have with him. That has been my greatest prayer for ya'll. I hope you don't mind but I've been bragging and showing the pics to lots of people at school. A good friend of mine (katie-she sang at our wedding) has just started the process of adopting and she really enjoyed reading the blog and seeing Reed. I really hope we can see you guys soon. Those chubby cheeks are just calling my name. Good luck with the rest of the week and I'm sorry we won't be at the airport when ya'll arive home. You will be in our prayers though!!

Kim and Matt said...

He is so cute. You have no idea how happy I am for the three of you. I have been thinking about you and will continue to pray for all of you.

Tisra said...

THAT is some miraculous bonding going on there! Praise God!

Tisra
waiting for referral of baby girl since April 2007, FFC
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it--the sequence of these pictures--first there's Jeff, Abbey and Reed; then there's Abbey and Reed; and finally there's Reed sprawled over the entire bed! That's the cutest thing I've ever seen. He's already changing the way you think even. Oh how precious!!!

Anonymous said...

Reed is a "heartbreaker" already! He's won my heart, for sure! He is such a cutie pie ... and so very happy. Thanks for sharing the photos/stories... we feel as if we're there with you all ... experiencing every moment. (Jeff, you are so descriptive ... I think I even caught a sniff of the diaper you changed! Ok, I'm just kidding!) Take care! Love, Aunt Jean

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Abbey,

I have been so overwhelmed with emotion that I have not been able to post a comment yet. It is so incredible to see God's work with your family. The kids have been praying for you guys everyday for a safe return and they cannot wait to see Reed. I am so happy that Reed loves his blanket. You are right, I check the blog everyday to make sure everything is on track, and things look perfect. Mrs. Lisa

Anonymous said...

reed that's a very good thing to be like your uncle bobby. next you will be signing up for police academy.
from,
uncle bobby