Custom Search

Monday, September 17, 2007

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood



We decided that we wanted to take Reed for a walk in his stroller this afternoon since it was such a beautiful day. First, we had to change Reed's outfit because he spit up on his first one!



This is what he calls his "model" pose. He wants to flex his muscles for the camera. We had to tell him that wasn't really muscle, but aren't the little rolls cute?



Reedo hasn't been sleeping so well for the past couple of nights. He didn't really nap all that well today either, until about 2:30 and he slept until almost 5:00. Of course, he chose to sleep while I was home. That was somewhat alright because I was beat! Work wasn't hard today, but it was hard to work! I missed being home!



I promise we are not drugging the little guy. He's just pretty tired as you can see from the picture. When Reed woke up, he and his daddy (that's me!) played for a while, then we went for a walk in the stroller. We came back and Lola cooked supper. Reed and I were playing on the ground and he went back to sleep for a few minutes.



Mommy wouldn't let me put Reed in the stroller until she was out there. Apparently, she didn't want me to put him in his stroller, she wanted to do it.



Mrs. Sarah, did you see his "tractor" shirt from Gymboree? We're trying to turn our boy into a Tennessee baby!





He will chew on anything! He likes to lean a lot, too! I think he's like his bloggy friend Kobi who also seems to lean a lot!



"Mommy, make sure you push it right!"



"Daddy, I don't think these straps are tight enough!"



"Mommy, where are all the scooters?" We told Reed that we lived on a quiet street, but he didn't believe us!

Reed had fun on his stroll. Carah and Cate (Danny and Michelle) came to see baby tonight. They had a lot of fun holding him. Don't worry, I got lots of good pictures.

After Daddy ate supper, he bathed Reedo while mommy ate her supper. Reed loves for Daddy to give him his baths and Daddy loves to spend any time he can with baby boy. After supper, baby got his PJs on and mommy brought up a bottle. Daddy laid on the bed while mommy rocked baby. Tonight when we said our family prayer, we asked God to help Reed sleep better tonight. I think that he will. He's been so sleepy today.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay tractor Gymboree! Of course I noticed. But... other than cute baby rolls... I really like Mommy's shoes! What are those things called? Mommy was stylin' today. I'm poo-pooed becuase work just started a new dress code that outlaws open backed shoes. Pretty much all of my usual work shoes (patterned Birk clogs) are open backed, and I plan on bucking the system for as long as I can, just short of being fired. These middle management superviors don't understanding that comfortable AND stylish shoes make women very happy.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Sarah. They did the same thing in Mississippi and we are still "Open Backed"!!! That is all there is out there. Love the shoes, Abbey. LOVE the pictures, JEFF. Love all of you!!! Eager to see pictures of Cara and Cate. Give Reedo a hug from ENNA.

Tisra said...

So sweet! Hopefully if he's getting tired during the day, and you're able to keep him awake, he can transition to US time. Jet lag can be hard or easy on kids- you just never know. 2 of ours had no problem the last time we went to England, but the youngest was "off". And England is no where near as big a change as Taiwan! We're in for a doozy when we return, aren't we?! I'm going to try to line up lots of help, because with severe jet lag, a new child, and three kids waiting for us at home, we'll be beat for sure. But that's a long way off at this rate.

Tisra
waiting for referral since April 2007, MANY more months to go!

LaLa said...

Super cute. I saw Mia's house..ha ha

They said they saw you yesterday. Glad he liked his quiet stroll around the neighborhood!

Julie said...

I'm so glad that Reed is home with his Mommy and Daddy.

Anonymous said...

Poor sleepy baby! I still haven't seen my hat!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know that you all are really tired from your trip and work; but I could use more and more pictures. Keep them coming. Love to all, Enna