Custom Search

Monday, September 24, 2007

Home Alone 3: Mommy's First Day



First of all, we must give props to mommy. She was home alone for the first time today with Reed and she made the bed and Reed got dressed! Woo-hoo! Most people might think, big whoop, she made the bed. But, our bed has 11 decorative pillows not counting everything else! My goodness, Reed has a good mommy and I have a good wife.



Reed looked really cute in his "All American Baby" outfit. But, when does he not look cute?



Reed is really into Flat Reed.

Every night we have to weed out pictures and decide which one makes it and which ones aren't. This one, was a definite keeper!



Reed loves playing in his pack-n-play while mommy straightens up the living room.



Although the toys are a lot of fun, he finds a lot of recreation in playing with screens in the Pack-n-play.



Reed and mommy got to make a special trip to Nashville because Daddy's contact ripped on the way to work this morning. He reads a lot at work and couldn't really do it with one eye! Mommy and Reed got to eat lunch with Daddy, Uncle Bill, and Mrs. Klista.

When Reed got home, he wanted to Reed. He loves his books.



I'm really proud of him for being able to know to have the book turned right side up.



At some point Reed must have messed up his clothes, because when Daddy came home he was wearing his "Made in Taiwan" onesies and cargo shorts. That was perfect for his afternoon walk. Is it his afternoon walk, or let Daddy put me to sleep time?

We don't get a lot of talking done when we are walking because, well, he falls asleep almost immediately.



He's just so sweet though, that I have spend my time walking him. I know that he knows that its special time with Daddy!

All in all, mommy had a great day with Reed. We even had Raleigh and her family and Mrs. Jennifer over for supper. Well, they brought supper!

Question of the Day!!!?!?!?!?!?

Last year we had 4 Christmas trees, and we bought another Christmas tree after Christmas, bringing the total to 5 trees. How many will we put up this year?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmm--I'll spring for 1 that may be 1/2 before Christmas is over. I know one little boy who will definitely be crawling by then, so look out Christmas tree!

LaLa said...

One...maybe two...we were lucky..our first Christmas with Annslee she was 14 months old and never bothered it : )

Sherry said...

Mommy Im impressed! You made a bed with that many pillows & decorate like a 1/2 dozen Christmas trees! WOW! (LOL!)

Love the pics you posted! He's so photogenic... & already looks comfy at home! Whats with these laid back Taiwanese boys? Hehehe:)

Chairman Mom said...

Oooh, I LIKE the new look! Good work, Aunt Ava! Hope you guys feel better soon; if it's any consolation, the stomach mess is making its way through the midwest, too.

Anonymous said...

Um, I'm going to say six trees. Yep, that's the answer.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love to see a reader! And I Love You Through and Through was always one of Hugh's favorite books, too - I've read it four and five times in a row! Glad you all are feeling better - Karen (& Richard & Hugh)

Tisra said...

First day home alone and the bed is made? Not bad at all, Abbey. I've been there three times now, and the first week Daddy goes back to work is always the hardest. Just enjoy your sweet Reed and remember that if you don't get a shower before Jeff comes home, you're normal. If you do, you're superwoman!

Tisra
waiting for referral

Rebecca Lily said...

Hi guys, I've not posted here before but have been following your blog for awhile (and grinning ear to ear every time I visit because you guys are OBVIOUSLY in love with that cute little boy of yours!!! I've never seen so many pictures on one blog!! I love it!!!) :)

Oh, and I BAWLED my eyes out when I saw pictures of you all in Taiwan. So emotional!!

Needless to say, your son Reed is absolutely precious, and has made me re-think my decision to specify a girl. If we end up bringing a little boy home instead... Reedo will be the reason. :) You all are such a beautiful family.

Rebecca
PAP, on FFC waitlist 9/11/07
www.untilwemeetintaiwan.blogspot.com

Alaina said...

I'm going to go with one, maybe two or three if you're lucky. :) I usually decorate alot but last year with the boys just being home and at an age where I figured they would undecorate the tree, I didn't get much done. :) You'll have an awesome Christmas regardless - kids are so fun!

Cute, cute pictures, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Wow!
You are doing great! I hope you are enjoying your time with Reed. He looks so cute in all his outfits! God bless!
Lexi

Anonymous said...

Dear sweet Jeff and Abbey AND REED, Knowing you the way I do; I think that you will put up all of your trees!!!! I also believe that you might be a little bit slower taking them down!!!!! Except the ones that Reed helps with. He will be absolutely fascinated with your decorations and will feel that he has mobiles all around the house. Abbey, you are such a wonderful wife, mom, and daughter-in-law!!! Thanks for taking care of Jeff and Reed the way you do. We love you, Enna and Tra.

By the way, something just occured to me during my sleep. When we were riding to that restaurant when we were there.....did I hear Abbey becoming a Back STREET DRIVER AND even OFFER to DRIVE for you, JEFF?????? Wasn't that what you all laughed at me about????? Just wondering.. in good humor. Mom

Just 7 more days until JOSHI.....Yea! Two precious GRANDBABIES!!! Thank you, Jesus