Custom Search

Friday, August 24, 2007

Flat Reed: A Trip Down Memory Lane and a Survey

Dear Mr. Taiwan Judge,

How is the weather in Taiwan. I am sure that it is really pretty. I have heard that Taiwan has the most incredible pineapples in the world. That is really great because my Daddy loves pineapple. Maybe after you let us get baby Reed we can all go out for some pineapple. If you are too busy, don't worry, my parents will probably be obsessed with the baby anyway.

I've been meaning to do this for quite sometime, so I have finally gotten to it. This is a post from July 5 at 8:14 PM. That is July 6 in Taiwan and July 6 is the day we got our first ruling (unbeknownst) to us!

Read it and then check the question at the end of the post. We're interested in your thoughts.

My reason for writing is simple. Will you please go ahead and make not only the first ruling, but the second and final ones. My mommy and daddy are SO ready to come and get their baby. Technically, I am not a real human, but I've become quite the part of the family, so I too would like to meet my brother.

It has now been 1 month since you first heard our case. Is there any chance that you have already made this decision and our caseworker just didn't hear about it? That is fine, especially if mommy and daddy are going to get a phone call in a couple of weeks telling them to come to Taiwan.

Anyway Mr. Taiwan Judge, I am sure that you understand the urgency of this situation. Your immediate attention is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Flat Reed

P.S. In case you've been really busy, my brother Reed is the cutest little baby you've ever seen. Can't you tell that he wants to be home with his mommy and daddy?

________________________________________

Some of you may have noticed that when some people get home from Taiwan, China, or the hospital with their babies, they quit posting. I am not going to call any names, but you know who you are!!!! Others like Kobi's mom are pretty good at posting regularly.

The questions:

How many times a week do you think we will post when we get home with Reed?

What sort of things should we post?

We're interested in your feedback.

P.S. Here's where to get the Blogged Onesie.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I think you should post things at least once or twice a week. You should post thngs like: Reed's first word or words, trips you do as a family, definitely pictures of your family! Good luck on your trip! Oh! Mrs. Land, Oonglark said congratulations (lol)! Can't wait to see Reed!
Your student,
Lexi

Anonymous said...

The link didn't work for the onesie. Here it is again.

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=tag_title&search_query=my%20entire%20life%20is%20being%20blogged

Anonymous said...

Hey Land Family- My family has been reading your blog and praying for you for a while. I can't remember how we even came across it, but we love it! We have a love for adoption from Asia b/c of our neice being from there and we are about to become missionaries to China. Please keep blogging all the time. We will love seeing "real Reed" grow! God Bless! (we are from TN. also)

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

I always enjoy reading the posts of families who have returned home. You'll find that it is tougher to find the time, but it's doable. I try to update once every two weeks. I think once a week would be ideal, but with a 4-year-old, a 1-year-old, a full-time job and a 1920s house that always needs work, it doesn't always get done. You should post lots of pictures and anecdotes about what you all are up to, Reed's milestones, etc. Have fun!

shelley said...

Posting twice a week is a good thing. You probably won't post as fast as we would like to see it. It is so hard to let go of jet lag with a new baby in the house....we can't wait to see Reed in his home. Thanks for sharing your journey...waiting is so much funner with it.

Sarah said...

Videos of crazy baby laughs, baby tasting new foods and spiting them back at you, etc. Pics of Reedo that look like he's doing all of the things that Flat Reed has had his hands into for the last several months.

Em said...

I want to see lots of pictures of Reed!!! I'm not picky about what he's doing in the pics. I try to blog once a week...obviously sometimes it's more, and sometimes it's less! I still can't believe that y'all are getting Reed in just a few days!! Oh...and I want to see lots of pics from when y'all first get to see Reed.

Kevin said...

The returnee posts, as you may have noticed, are a bit sparser than the yet-to-go-ees. It's tough to find the time to even sit down and upload the many, many pictures you will take never mind forming complete sentences or retaining memories long enough to commit them to text.

I'd say aim for once every few weeks. Content will be totally up to 3-D Reed. There will be many, many momentarily momentous events. They're all good - just let us know about the ones you have the time and energy to share.

Look forward to reading more.

Cheers,

Kevin

Yvonne Crawford said...

I say do them as often as possible. It's a huge adjustment, so I guess you'll just have to play it by ear, but just know there are those of us out here that have enjoyed your journey to Reed and would love to hear more about little Reed adventures.

I can't wait to see pictures from your trip!!! Soon you will be with him. How exciting!