Custom Search

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Flat Reed: Starchy Foods and Watermelon (... and a Shower)



Despite the title, I decided to start with the shower invitaitons. My coworkers are throwing us a giftcard shower. The giftcard will be a great help with expenses with Reed when we get home. They also had the incredibly great idea to also include VISA giftcards. We can use those when we travel. That will be really nice.



Last night, Flat Reed and Mommy fixed an Apricot, Peach, and Cranberry Chicken along with Four Cheese Rice and Fresh Corn Casserole. It was delicious, but because I don't like colorful foods, it was full of starch! That was okay with me though! It was really good and it was great this afternoon when I ate it for lunch at work!



The other day, Abbey went to one of those roadside Farmer's market and bought some fresh corn, squash, and a watermelon. It's weird to me that we have to buy fresh veggies, because my Papa always grew them in Mississippi. Flat Reed really enjoyed the watermelon.



He wanted to have a seed-spitting contest, but I told him that we couldn't do that in front of mommy. We'll have to save that for "boys" night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. No seed spitting? You're no fun.

Anonymous said...

Or you could dry the seeds and plant them in the yard next year. Daddy planted some for the first grade teacher, Mrs. Dallas. (Jeff, I know you remember the lady that made you climb the ladder to hang something in her room my first year in Jackson) Anyway, when we got back to school yesterday, we discovered that the watermelon vines have grown all over the first grade garden and there are about five or six watermelons that we can see. There is also a pumpkin patch nearby, so I guess there might be some pumpkinmelons if they get to close to each other. "Wouldn't Charlie Brown love that patch" Love, Enna

Sherry said...

Gift Card Shower... thats an awesome idea!

PS~ Maybe you can spit the seeds when mama's not looking:)