Custom Search

Friday, August 03, 2007

Flat Reed: My New Glider



Flat Reed's great-grandmothers got him his glider. When Abbey picked it out, she thought that the fabric was green, but it turned out that it was yellow. That made very little difference, in fact, I think that the yellow looks good in the room. Flat Reed has enjoyed rocking in the glider.



Flat Reed has been busy the past few days putting even more finishing touches on his room.



These little boxes are over the twin bed in his room. They were originally blue, but we painted them white. Flat Reed likes all of the little elephants in them.



Mrs. Sprinkles bought Flat Reed this little glass elephant today when she and mommy went to eat lunch.


Today Enna was in meetings at her school, when the computer the presenter was using quit working. Enna volunteered her computer, but when they plugged it in, look was appeared. I think Enna took advantage of the opportunity to tell everyone once again about her grandson.

Tomorrow is our 6th Wedding Anniversary. We had really hoped we would be celebrating in Taiwan, but it looks like we'll be celebrating at Cheesecake Factory. Maybe we'll hear something soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Reed is going to love his room, but I'm a little worried that Flat Reed is not going to want to share it when he goes into his frame. It's certainly gorgeous--what a blessed baby he is. Waiting for Reed has given me opportunity to rely on my favorite bible verse, Proverbs 3:5-6, as I try not to "lean on my own understanding" because God's got all of you in the palm of His hand and His timing is perfect.

Enjoy your anniversary (and your cheesecake)! We love you and pray you'll reach your goal, Jeff, of 100 years of wedded bliss!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!

R... said...

What a beautiful nursery! I love the shadow boxes above his bed. I may "borrow" that idea as we pull the nursery together for our Island Boy.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Reed's room is so adorable. Abbey, you need to come decorate for me. I love the glider and the thought of the fun that you will have nurturing and reading to Reed right there. Did I miss Ava's pictures on the wall? I love them! Give us a WHOLE tour!!! Love, Enna

The Winkleplecks said...

Happy Anniversary!! It really does not seem like it was that long ago that we were at your wedding. Continuing to pray that Reed will get here soon. Have a good day!!!
Chris and Allison

Yvonne Crawford said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Praying for you, that you get to bring him home soon!!

LOVE the room. Wow, he will be set.