Custom Search

Sunday, July 15, 2007

How Many Times Can You Watch A Burp?

Sorry, still not pictures. Still no camera chord. Jeff's in a conference right now, and I'm reading like crazy! It's great to have some time to enjoy the beautiful scenery and take in some new books.

Still no new on the adoption front. Others are having first rulings as soon as two weeks after their hearings. Others, like us, continue to wait. Last night Jeff and I were really having a time of it. If you haven't noticed on Reed's video yet, my mom pointed out that he burps. So, last night, Jeff kept replaying the burp over and over; we laughed and laughed.

We miss Reed so much and can't wait to bring him home. Please keep praying, friends; we need patience, peace, and just plain ol' sanity as we wait this out. Right now I'm reading Beth Moore's (can't figure out how to punctuate a book title here, sorry) Get Out of That Pit. And, I promise, I'm trying to get myself out of this pit of pity. I even dreamed about having Reed home last night. And, in case you didn't know, Reed will be 5 months old tomorrow. Happy early 5 months, Reed! We pray we get to celebrate your 6 months with you!

8 comments:

Jane said...

Hang in there! Just keep remembering all the things that God has done in your lives up to this point, and I will keep praying!

The Winkleplecks said...

Hey guys. Just want to let you know that we are praying that Reed will get home soon and in the mean time God will provide you the patience and sanity to make it through.

Anonymous said...

Abbey! I'm reading that book too!

I'm in Costa Rica right now, and during my 30 minutes of allowed computer time each day at school, I check your blog to see if you've heard anything yet. When you posted the video, we all gathered around to watch it together! How precious!

I'm praying for you both!

Anonymous said...

Abbey! I'm reading that book too!

I'm in Costa Rica right now, and during my 30 minutes of allowed computer time each day at school, I check your blog to see if you've heard anything yet. When you posted the video, we all gathered around to watch it together! How precious!

I'm praying for you both!

Maria said...

Hello Lands!! We have missed you all so much. I'm so excited to read about Reed! When I got the invite to your party next week I was so excited for you. I CANNOT wait to meet Reed when he gets here! Flat Reed is the funniest thing I have ever seen, but I'm not surprised! :-) Josh has picked out a lovely gift from him to Reed!! Miss you guys like crazy!!!! Can't wait to see you.

Maria Latham
mblatham@charter.net

Anonymous said...

Well, you know me and song artists so I don't know who sings it, but there's a song I dearly love, and in it it says, "If there's one thing that I've learned, one thing greater than my strife is your grasp, so hold fast." It gives me a boost anytime I hear it because it reminds me that nothing happens to us that hasn't already been sifted through God's hands. HOLD FAST; He's got you in His grasp.

We love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 months birthday, Reed. We love you and want you to come home soon. Love, Enna

Anonymous said...

TAG!!!!!!! YOU'RE IT!!!! Visit my blog and you'll see what I'm talking about!!!!