Custom Search

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Flat Reed: Lost Luggage and We're Finally Home!



Oh where, oh where has my flat baby gone,
Oh where, oh where could he be?
With his lips in a pout and his arms stuck out,
Oh where, oh where can he be?

Oh course, you are able to understand that Flat Reed is missing. Not only is Flat Reed missing, so is one big red suitcase! It all started when we got to the airport quite early. We asked to fly standby on an earlier flight and we got on it. We got to Nashvegas and found only one suitcase had arrived.

I just called to get an update on the luggage, and it has been found and will be delivered tonight. The last time that American Airlines lost my luggage (notice a theme here) they delivered it around 2:00 in the morning!

Okay, so I know many of you are thinking that we shouldn't have let Flat Reed fly in the cargo area and be stuffed into our luggage, but we made sure he was very secure. Let me tell you though, when we were standing there watching the luggage carousel go around and not seeing our luggage, I began to get a sinking feeling in my tummy. Never mind the fact that I have tons of clothes in that bag, my flat baby is in that bag. I think it made me really miss the real thing that much more!



We are SOOOOO GLAD to be home! I believe that Dorothy put it best when she clicked those red glittery heals and said, "There's no place like home!"

P.S. We are watching "The Next Food Network Star" and oh my, there are a bunch of cry babies on there tonight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of cry babies on that show!!!!!!! I watchit all the time. It's almost-but-not-quite addicting.

Maggie said...

We missed it last night! Our TiVo reset itself, so it didn't catch it. Fortunately for us, it will air throughout the week :) Brad stayed up until 11 to catch the rerun of it, but I was way too tired for that...it looked like there was going to be a lot of crying from the previews!

Anonymous said...

Call Child Protective Services, though I don't think they would take his missing too seriously due to his dimensional status!

Mr.Brian said...

Not aware of that show.
I can just picture some other person finding your suit case opening it up and finding Flat Reed,would pay to see the look on their face.

Sarah said...

I'd love to hear the conversation with the airline that could go something like this... "Yes, it's a black suitcase, with a red tag... and oh yes, my son Reed it inside of it so we really need to find that bag!"