Custom Search

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Flat Reed: Let's Go Camping



Flat Reed wants to go camping, but he doesn't know how to get back to Mississippi where my mom and dad's camper lives. We'll have to take him camping sometime, but to be honest the idea really doesn't thrill me. It is really hot up here in Tennessee and I think that it is probably even warmer in Mississippi.



I hated to break it to Flat Reed, but it has been very dry out here lately. That means that wherever the camper would go right now, would probably be really dry! It's been a like a drought around here in Tennessee. It finally rained last night, so for once, I didn't have to water our yard. Flat Reed was little unhappy with the rain, because he was not able to play in the sprinkler.



Isn't it strange that Flat Reed got excited when he found gas for 2.87 instead of 3.05!!! I remember one time last year when I abruptly pulled into a gas station because I found gas for ONLY 1.99. Abbey told me to never say ONLY 1.99 for gas ever again. Man, would I like to see gas for 1.99 again!

When we got married gas was .97 a gallon! Those were the days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, Flat Reed, you are on the right track with your camping desire. The neat things about camping are the wonderful, down-to-earth people that you meet, sitting out and watching the sun rise with a wonderful cup of coffee, AND knowing that when the weather gets tooooooo HOT, you go in and cool off under the air conditioner. Poppy and I look forward to at least one trip with Joshi and Reed AND of course,it would not be complete without you, Flat Reed. Love, Enna

Anonymous said...

Do I really age myself with this comment????? HMMM, Why not.... Jeff, I can remember borrowing $3.oo from Bemaw to fill up her "push button" Dodge....so that my friends and I could cruise the highways. She almost had a fit that I would waste that much money. We won't say the year!!! Love, mom

Anonymous said...

JUNE 5 in the USA!!!! Pray earnestly, Pray diligently, Pray continuously!!! Pray Reed HOME to Abbey and Jeff, and all who love HIM. We will lift up the Judge today and all day tomorrow and PRAY REED HOME!!!!
Be in one accord, put it on prayer lists, email it to friends so that we can all bind together to get this precious baby home. Love, Enna

shelley said...

Congrats on the court date. Prayers will be sent up here. Thanks for sharing your life, it makes the wait a little better.

shelley
waiting for referral

www.letsgototaiwan.blogspot.com