Custom Search

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Flat Reed: I'm Not Happy



The other night, Abbey made her "Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake" for me to take to work for my wonderful coworkers. Flat Reed didn't get to try any, so when I came home tonight with a completely clean cake plate he was REALLY unhappy. He wanted to try some!



So, that brought Flat Reed to a different subject. He wanted to know when I was going to get the world's greatest "exersaucer" out of the box. He is so ready to play in it.

Now onto other things. I've been thinking ... this could be dangerous.

Every morning I wake up and do my Bible Study. Every morning I pray for different things. This is where I started thinking. Everyday for a long time now I have prayed for Reed's foster parents. I've prayed that Reed would sleep well and have happy days, that his health would be gaurded, and finally I have prayed that God would allow us to go and pick him up. I started thinking about my own life when people start telling me a story that they have already told me at least 10 times before. I get really annoyed by that. Aren't I glad that God doesn't get annoyed by me constantly asking for things and fervently asking daily to let our baby come home? The weird thing is not only does He not mind it, He wants me to tell Him my needs.

Instead of turning a deaf ear to it, as I often do to that person who begins telling me that same old story once again, God hears our prayers. We must trust that If I say, "My foot is slipping," His faithful love will support me, LORD. When I am filled with cares, His comfort brings me joy. (Psalm 94:18-19)

Thank God that He never gets tired of hearing from us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOPS!!! I am probably the one who keeps telling you the same stories over and over. Sorry, Love, MOM

Jane said...

When Abbey and I got to the point in our friendship that we began to repeat stories to one another, we began telling the other, "I love it when you tell that story!" It was less than subtle of way of telling the other, "I've heard this one before!" With God, He means it when He says, "I love it when you tell that story!" He longs to hear it...Jeff, remember the parable of the widow who kept hounding the king to grant her request (Luke 18)? The king granted her request so she would leave him alone. We could all learn a lesson from her. Keep praying for Reed and I will do the same.