Custom Search

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Flat Reed: Happy Father's Day



For Father's Day, we went on a trip down memory lane. Since we are in the Dallas area, we went to Fort Worth to see where we lived while I was at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. We got to see our old trailer. We loved that place. We never thought that we would be very comfortable living in a mobile home, but it turned out to be a neat experience. It was our little "experiment" house. We painted every room. The fun thing was that the people who we sold it too, Brandon and Jennifer were there. Jennifer was out on her porch and we stopped to visit.

She invited us in and we got to see the old place. It was just as we remembered it. They have painted most of the house, but it still looked like ours. One amazing thing was the fact that we had forgotten how tiny the two guest bedrooms were. It's amazing that we were able to get all of our furniture in that place. But it was neat to see. Unfortunately my lantana didn't make it back this year, but Jennifer said that it has been beautiful for the past two summers. My dwarf crepe mytles were looking really good.



This is where I took most of my classes while I was in Seminary.



Flat Reed and I took a moment for a photo shoot.



Flat Reed had a good time taking a stroll around the beautiful campus.

Now ... for my Father's Day presents.



Reed and his mommy decided to help me keep my office organized and keep me happy by seeing his picture at the same time. These nifty little boxes have magnets on them and they are perfect for holding paper clips, rubber bands, sticky flages, etc. Each one of them has a reason written on the inside of why I will be a good daddy.

It is my favorite Father's Day present ever. Well, it's my only Father's Day present, but I am sure that it will always hold a special place in my heart.



My Father's Day cards, minus the one that the Sprinkles sent to me.



Is it wrong to constantly remind people how beautiful our baby boy is. Man, it's hard not to brag.



Reed got some new outfits this weekend. We went to this children's specialty shop and found this little polo outfit (left) half-off. Of course we had to buy the chocolate stripe outfit.



And ... baby gap also had some cute little outfits. Another brown stripe one, I know, I know, I've got to quite buying brown, but like father like son! I'm trying to teach our little boy that his favorite color should be brown. I mean, is there another color?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be expecting another Father's Day card when you get back. sorry...
Glad you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

There is another color, and it is called: LIME GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!