Custom Search

Friday, June 29, 2007

Flat Reed: Drip, Drip, Drip



When we bought our house, there was something wrong with our sink according to the home inspection. It had a drip, a constant drip, but not if you put it in just the right place. Alas, some people (my MIL) did not like it.



Flat Reed decided that he would like to get the drippy faucet, so he took a look "under the hood." I knew, as his plumbingly inept father, that I did not know how to replace a faucet.



But, I knew that my friend Jeff from down the street could help. He came over and helped Flat Reed fix the faucet.



"I think that hose connects right here." Flat Reed said.

"That's right, you're a smart kid." Mr. Jeff said.

"I take after my daddy." Flat Reed said.



... and it works!!! No more drippy faucet.



Not only does it work, it has a setting for two different flows.

It's a Moen, buy it for looks, buy it for life! Hopefully, we'll never buy another faucet for this house!

5 comments:

ava and brookie said...

I'm glad you fixed your leaky faucet. You wouldn't want an unexpected $275 water bill. They aren't too fun!!

Mr.Brian said...

Nice to have a handy child around the house.Send him my way.I am NOOOOOOOO handyman at all.

Anonymous said...

I just found your site from another site. I love the Flat Reed! What a great idea. Hope you have the real Reed home soon.
Jeri

Mic said...

Wow! Flat Reed looked like a real pro there side by side under the sink with your handy-man-friend!

Anonymous said...

I almost wish my faucet would leak, so we could get a new, cool one like you!