Custom Search

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Flat Reed: The Choir Shower



Tonight after choir they had a shower for us. Pictured here are the goodies and Flat Reed. The lady in the picture is Mrs. Pat. She is hilarious! I enjoy joking around with her in choir. She's the coolest bass singer we have. I'm not joking, she really sings base.



Our corsages for the evening were bibs. Mine said "I love Daddy" and Abbey's said "I love Mommy."



The shower was not full of gifts, although we did get a handmade baby quilt and a "little green machine" (for cleaning up after sick babies when it happens in the sto-n-go), but it was more a "cash" shower. The choir was so generous. We were overwhelmed by their gift. We are so very blessed to be a part of a church with such loving and caring people. God tremendously blessed us with our church family. They rock!



After a hard week of camp and several weeks of no updates, etc., Flat Reed and I were noticing that Mommy needed a little pick-me-up. So, on Monday I called our favorite florist "the superlative (SUE- poy - la - tive) florist." and asked for Mommy's favorite all white flowers. They did a great job on a very pretty arrangement.

Today Abbey sent me an email and asked me to go and pick up Reed on the way home from work. Don't we wish it were that easy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet shower and Mrs. Pat seems right up my alley. I always said that if I could sing in a choir it would be in the bass section. My first thought to Abbey's email was that you had left "Flat Reed" at the florist and I thought how traumatic that little fella's life has been. He will need to be in a "left behind" series. Then I realized that she meant Real Reed. That is so sweet. It won't be very long before you will be juggling schedules gladly to see which one will get to pick him up from "Mother's Day Out" or when one day after church the nursery will call you to ask if you meant to leave "HIM" at church that day. Yes, Jeff, I hate to admit this.....but we got our messages crossed and you were left in the nursery one day. I thought daddy was going to get you and he thought I was going to get you. You were a very unhappy camper. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Jeff/Abbey,
I called the shop, and they said it begins first of July with just 10% and 50% at the last week of July. I hope they ordered a lot.

Anonymous said...

Just remember, Jeff and Abbey, that you haven't waited quite nine months yet, but you are so much closer now than you've ever been to getting to rock that precious baby to sleep, and to sing him lullabies. Maybe Mrs. Pat could come over and sing bass! We love you and are just waiting for that e-mail or phone call that says you're on your way.