Custom Search

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Flat Reed: More Stuff for ME!



We are sending Reed another package tomorrow. We hope that he will like all of the stuff that we are sending him.



One thing is a book that has pictures of us in it. Another thing is a baby einstein lullaby CD. We think that he will enjoy both of those things.

Here are some sweet stories:

The other day, I stopped to get gas on my way home. I had my nametag from work on. On the back of the tag I have a wallet size picture of Reed. The clerk said, that is the cutest baby, you must be a good daddy. I told her that I hope that I am, but that my little boy would be home until August. She said, "Oh, you will be, you should see the way your face lights up when you talk about him. There are children with Daddy's all over the world who would just love to have their Dad carry around a picture of them."

Then today, I was at Cheeseburger Charley's with one of my most favorite people, Mr. Sprinkles. The lady calling out our names as the meal was ready saw the picture. She reached for it and said, that is the most precious little boy. I told her we were adopting him from Taiwan. She yelled to all of the other workers behind the counter and said, "Y'all come look at this baby this man is adopting from China! Isn't he the most precious thing?" (I didn't have the heart to tell her it was actually Taiwan, but I don't think that mattered.)

It just goes to show you, people all over the place are recognizing what an amazing little baby we have!

5 comments:

Much Ado said...

Oh cute, I love seeing what people put in their care packages and getting ideas!

Mommy Blogger said...

I love reading your blog - it always makes me smile! i can't wait until the "not flat" Reed is home!
Alice
http://aliceandbill.blogspot.com/

Mommy Spice said...

When we went to China, my step mother bought the Who Loves Baby book and put pictures of the family in it. We took it with us, and Spicy Girl absolutely loved it. She was 10 months old, and she loved it. My stepmom thought she should see pictures of the people who would be waiting for her at the airport upon our return home.

Mr.Brian said...

I think everyone would agree, you and your wife will be wonderful parents.The love you show already is amazing.
You seem like two very very special loving people.I would love to meet you in person.I think our humor would match perfectly.
God bless!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! You should know that your love for Reed just sorta glows off of you. It has the same effect as God's love. That's how strong it is.