Custom Search

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Flat Reed: Is this Our Car? and Meeting Mrs. Erin



The parking company that I use to get to the airport transports its customers in a stretch limo. Flat Reed was especially amused by his first ride in a limo. I hated to break it to him, but the only time that he will ever ride in a limo is when we are going the quarter mile from the parking company to the airport, but its long enough to realize that it must be pretty nice to ride like that everyday.

Of course, Flat Reed realized with much coaxing that it is far better to be happy with what you have than to be in debt for things you want and don't need. Or, maybe he was not getting out of the limo because he knew that he was about to go into the suitcase. I must admit that I did feel a little guilty putting him the suitcase, but there is NO way that I would have been able to convince security that I am not completely nuts. Of course, some of you reading this, probably think that.



The reason Flat Reed got to travel with me was because I am in Oregon where our agency is located. I wanted to meet the person who has had such a vital part in the addition to our family. Erin was super-excited to meet Flat Reed as were the other people in the agency, who had apparently seen Flat Reed on the blog, because they all knew who he was!

Being the most awful "Remember to charge the camera battery" daddy there was, I didn't have a lot of time on the battery left to get the picture. Flat Reed was feeling a little homesick so we went to Target, but of course, the battery being almost dead, I didn't get a picture.

Tonight at the banquet for the conference I am speaking at, Flat Reed was recognized by the coordinator on stage with a "Made in Oregon" t-shirt. The great news is that the photographer for the Northwest Baptist Convention's newspaper was there and she took some pics, so she is supposed to email them to me!

I am being too long-winded, can you tell I miss my wife and need to talk to her!

3 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

Sounds to me like dad and Flat Reed are having a nice time.(Missing mom of course).
Like I've said before,Flat has more traveling fun then I do.

Beckyb said...

Reed is famous and he's not even home yet - I LOVE it!!!

The family of six said...

Flat Reed is too hilarious!