Custom Search

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Flat Reed: Upstaged



Flat Reed got his mommy something very special for her birthday. He got her a WillowTree statue of a mom holding her baby. I already have mine, so it was certainly time for Abbey to get one. I think that she liked it a lot. It was very thoughtful for Flat Reed to get his mom something so meaninful and neat, but ...



I was completely upstaged by the gift. Flat Reed didn't tell me that he was going to do something that special. Although I should have known when we were in Hallmark and I was paying for it, that he was going to get her something great. I have been known as a pretty great gift giver for the nearly 6 years of our marriage, but now it looks like my son is going to get all of the attention!

I got Abbey something that she has been wanting for a really long time. Flat Reed's Lola has a hanger thing in her laundry room that she keeps all of her plastic bags from Wal-Mart, Target, and Kroger in. That way they are more organized than the normal way that they are stored around the house. So, when I was in IKEA, I found the thing and bought it for her! I think this is one step closer to a kitchen faucet for her birthday!



That's not all, I also got her a handy little dish towel holder, also from IKEA. You hang it on the wall in your kitchen and pop your dish towel in it and then it is set to go!

So, that friends and blog readers, is how Flat Reed upstaged me on Abbey's birthday!

Birthday FAQs:
1. Went to church.
2. Sang in choir.
3. Ate at El Mocajete with friends (Brandon, Tamara/Britton (she's still pregnant with him) and Jonathan & Jillian) for lunch.
4. Wahsed the cars.
5. Went to Red Lobster for birthday supper.
6. Target (come on, you don't think we missed Target on Abbey's birthday do you?)
7. Cracker Barrel dessert to go (although it took forever for it to be completed)
8. Home to Veg out and watch TV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Abbey! Good thing FLAT REED did part of your birthday shopping! At least Jeff dined you all day on your birthday!