Custom Search

Monday, April 02, 2007

Flat Reed: Tutu, Pediatricians, and Breakables



"Is this for me Mommy?" Flat Reed was so impressed with the card that he got in the mail from Nana Sprinkles sister. They call her Tutu (pronounced Tutta, like how a baby has trouble saying sister). It was really sweet for her to think of us in that way.



Today Flat Reed went to the Pediatrician. Dr. Ashworth had to review Reed's medical records to see if there was anything that stood out, although it really wouldn't matter. He's ours, regardless. I think that we are really going to like Dr. Ashworth. She immediately latched onto the pictures of Reed and she REALLY loved Flat Reed.



Dr. Brooks will be another pediatrician that Reed will see. Dr. Ashworth had to go and show Dr. Brooks Flat Reed, and then she wanted to take a picture with him.



Most of you know that we collect Peter's Pottery and every time that we drive through Batesville we stop at "Talk of the Town" (The absolute best place to buy Peter's). So, on our recent trip to Mississippi we stopped and bought a frog and a giraffe. That matches some of the animals in Reed's room. They did not have a monkey, but they are supposed to be getting one in soon.

The other day I taught Flat Reed that touching the breakables was a "no, no." Somehow, I don't think that Reed is going to be that easy to persuade. Oh, the joys of childproofing. You always know when you have gone into a home with a small child because their is absolutely nothing waist-level or lower.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright sweetie, Have you ever thought about publishing your rendition of "Flat Reed". I do not ever want to hear about those shirts I painted for you boys and made you wear with the Yosemite Sam on them. You have a lot of your MOM in you and I find myself looking every moment to see what new adventure Flat Reed is getting into. You don't have to publish this comment. Love you three a whole lot. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey there, found y'all via the yahoo group, I'm another parent hoping to adopt from Taiwan (no referral yet). Flat Reed is HILARIOUS -- what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Flat Reed looks even healthier now that he's been to the pediatrician. I do hope he'll "fill out" some soon--I'm beginning to worry about his diet.

Anonymous said...

Mom and I are concerned and are wondering if we need to contact child services. First you let a one month old eat popcorn, then you put him in the washer and dryer, and didn't he wear that onesie on sunday too??
:)

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

I am loving Flat Reed! You guys have a wonderful attitude. Hope you get your acceptance paperwork done and off to Taiwan very soon.

Amy from the JOH group

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Reed is healthy. I does me good to know that you will have a happy, healthy little baby in your care.